Page 1 of 2
what was it?

for me i was boilin water for kraft dinner and playin off a small 15 watt amp in the next room. i hit a low e and the pot fell off the oven.because of a piece of shiit 15 watt beringer amp
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
i picked up my ipod and some how i got shocked...
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
I left my bass facing my amp (which was on) for about 6 hours, then touched the strings and bridge and shocked myself unconcious. Damn electric fence. It screws up the grounding of about everything in my house.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
One time I was playing and my strap fell of the pin by the bridge and my bass swung down and whacked me in the left knee. I couldn't walk for a few hours and it hurt pretty ****ing bad... That was pretty scary..and then funny.
Quote by HorridxHopes
One time I was playing and my strap fell of the pin by the bridge and my bass swung down and whacked me in the left knee. I couldn't walk for a few hours and it hurt pretty ****ing bad... That was pretty scary..and then funny.

That is why you invest in straplocks...
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
once I had a bad wire that'd make a loud squeking sound when i turned the bass any and it made it and wouldn't stop and i couldn't get to my amp for like 5 secs and even tho that was a small amount of time it started getting feedbacked and really felt bad on the ears until i turned my amp off lol
Ibanez SR400
Ampeg BA112
Digitech Whammy WH-4 > Boss NS2 Noise Gate, NS2 Send (Boss GEB7 Bass EQ) NS2 Return > Boss CEB3 Bass Chorus > Ampeg BA112
Umm...

I was going in hardcore crazy-.ass jump around playing at my friends house to Give it All by Rise Against, and my low E just uncoiled. I'm still whipping around wondering "WHERE THE FUCK IS MY STRING!? So yeah. Not like insanely weird, but funny. First string I broke, too.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
i was going crazy on my bass and singing (or screaming more like it) and my dad walked in and just got a wierded out look. yeh... needless to say, won't be so bad when he catches me with hand cream and kleenexes.
MY band's practices take place in our drummers small room, and has a shelf with very precoiciously placed books and various other junk. now my amp is pretty powerful, and one of the guitarists was standing underneath the shelf (you can see where this is going) and about ten books fell straight on him and knocked him over.

well and truly owned.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
well i wuz playing paranoid almost at the double of its speed while headbanging and jumping with my band... i broke the pic and the A string and i hit the jack with my knee, breaking it XD
im a finger player

:quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTwoFoot
It's obvious that those songs were illegally downloaded, so Metallica wanted him to "ride the lightning," if you get my meaning.:quote:
while i was taking of my bass.(hanged on my shoulder) i hit my eye so hard i and i got a black eye.
I got 99 problems and they all bitches
Ive had 3 really painful incidents.
1. I was playing with my bass strapped on, and as i was playing the strap came off the lock, and i got a machine head in my eye.
2. I was playing and headband and somehow managed to slam the bass's top horn into my teeth.
3. And at a band practice, we were playing and my strap came off again, and it fell on the lead, that was the end of that lead.
Me and my band were just about to audition for a benefit show, and right before we went on I decided I wanted to screw around with pop'n'slap, and my low E just straight up uncoiled. It was kinda funny. The people called it a "string emergency."
Oh crap!
not particularly funny but i was playing a gig on friday and half way through the set my damn strap broke and my bass fell towards the ground.. I grabbed it, got on one knee and carried on playing.. the sound engineer realised what had happened and rush on with some gaffa tape. so there is me, knmeeling down on one knee playing bass n stage, with this guy taping my strap to my bass around my fretting arm... didn't drop a note, btw ! big applause when i finally stood up... so funny!
ive done quite a few things to my bass but the one that sticks out in my mind is me and my friend who is a guitarist wer eplaying some mudvayne ,and if youve ever seen them live the bassist sometimes starts spinning, i have no idea what posesed me to spin around in his 2 by 2 room but my bass head went straight into his dresser and the best part about it was the bass did more damage to the dresser and not a scratch on my bass
Quote by pink chili
That is why you invest in straplocks...

...duct tape?

Let's see, it was pretty scary when I broke my E string. I also broke my G string and it spanned my hand pretty good. When I was practicing throwing my bass around my head with my old Slammer it flew off in mid air and slammed down into a pile of snow. While practicing throwing with my Spector one of the strap screws came out and the head went straight into the muddy ground. That's all I can think of for now.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Well i wasn't playing bass, but me and my friend were walking back from a local guitar shop after looking at some basses and guitars, and he ran into a bar hanging off of a sign at MacDonalds. And I thought that only happened in movies...

It doesn't have to do with bass playing but it was funny...
I was playing with my band in my drummers basement (two guitarists and myself) while my drummer was messing with the old sink in the room. The next moment we hear a painful scream and turn around. Our drummer had broken off the spout to the sink and a countinous stream of boiling hot water was shooting out of it. We all just stood there and watched our drummer attempt to put the spout back while the water was still spraying.
Holiday, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams And American Idiot's Solos!!!! Those Are Soooo Good!!!
greenday1182
We were jamming at the drummer's house one time and the neighbours got angry and put a big speaker on their porch, facing our window, and started blaring country music at us.... so we opened the window, tuned down a few steps and played Chevelle as loudly as we could.
Fury- Breathe in deep, and cleanse away our sins
And we'll pray that there's no God
To punish us, and make a fuss

Chalking up the frequent loser miles day by day.
sitting backstage before a gig behind the curtain and then out of no-where a pipe starts leaking water on top of my amp, i ****in rush to it and push it out of the way as soon as possible. Almost gave me a heart attack, i worked so hard to get it and didn't want it ****ed by a stupid fluke
1st ever MOD challenge winner
Rush Club Member #5
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
Member #21 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join
I made my friends drum kit fall apart with my low-end wizardry.

It was a pretty crappy kit though.
Playing with my band and one of the girls that would watch us play decided it would be funny to yank my pants down in the middle of a song. Well, instead of just my pants coming everything did, so I am playing like Flea does occasionally. I thought it was funny and just kept playing. Drummers mom walks outside and doesn't realize whats going on for a few minutes and when she finally does she just shook her head and walked back inside.

Playing in guitarists room. He tries to do the guitar throw thing. He, unfortunately didn't take my advice and opted to not get straplocks. His room is small. Guitar flies off, and busts through his wall and stays there.
In the middle of a gig, there was a lot of people slamdancing and i just got so excited that i jumped in the middle of the slam and i hit somebody in the shoulder with the head of my bass, he didn't got hurt or anything but there was a bruise...
Oh the stories. Where do I begin.

1. Screw for my strap lock backs itself out, bass falls on foot.
2. Screw from strap lock backs halfway out, I then some how manage to bend the screw at a 90% angle.
3. Pick up falls out.
4. Slip on a cable and punch a hole in my guitarist cab (top left speaker) while trying to catch myself.
5. Fuse falls out of my SWR in transportation, I didn't have a backup fuse. Needles to say lost the fuse.
6. While doing a guitar swing, I throw the bass wrong and it falls over my shoulders on to my back, and the headstock slams into the back of my knee, catching me off guard and causing me to fall.
7. I've also hit the head stock of my basses off of ceilings many times.

All of these took place at gigs.
Funny, and scary for my band mates......

Seems as we practice in quite a small room room, and im a nutter with the bass, im jumping about and i have almost knocked my guitarist clean out..........o, and almost broke my drummers symbol stand, which ain't nice cos drum sticks thrown full pelt at ya hurts, alot :'(

(this is all with my neck+headstock btw)
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
haha my drummers throws his drumsticks at me and my guitarist too, when we slack off or screw up
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
It hurts, alot, he once threw one at me, it missed went straight through my guitarists ****ty behringer fabric cover and then put a hole in the speaker........everyone stopped, and i was standing there thinkin "o ****, if there is a fight, i will either run or take em both out with my bass". Luckerly my guitarist started laughing , goin "ts only a behringer amp ect. Aleast i didnt take his(me) eye out lol". He later got bollacked that nite buy his mum for the amp braking the amp lol.
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
when i was praticing round my drummers house turned round and knoked our drummer out with the heads stock of my bass. His head chipped my bass.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
I think the only time that sticks out for me is when I was playing in a rehersal and decided I would go stand on the bass drum, I stepped on it and I don't know why, i'm not fat or anything, but it just cracked. i just looked up thinking 'shiiit' lol.
well, we have a LOT of incidents with our band because my bass is totally ****ed up! loads of things have happened...but one time we were playing around in my friends garage, practising for our gig the next week **two weeks ago**. and we decided, okay, full pelt this time, open the garage doors, and play as loud as y'can, kay? deal.
and because it was so hot we opened the garage door. now, it's about eight pm, so all her nice old lady-ish neighbors are trying to watch whatever quiz show's on, and then we belt out City Of Angels. You can guess what happens. Her next door neighbor came out to us in the middle of playing and stared at us. I like dancing around when I play, and our guitarist was standing near me, her lead stretch a little tight, and in the middle of the song, i fall backwards into her, making her lead come out from the amp and i fell over her leg when she tried to stand back, and i fell on my back and she stood on me to get away.

the neighbor lady laughed at us.

i wonder why? =P
So Pure...So Rare...My Magdelena.

Quote by AxeMasterFreon
I like to hiss at people that stare/get too close to me.
We were working out our stage choreography at my last band practice, and it was decided that I should run across the stage, jump in the air and do a ninja-spin-kick and as soon as I land whip my bass around my shoulder. I did it twice, once to prove I could and once to amuse everyone. They demanded that I do it a third time and the back end of my bass cought me in the jaw.....it knocked me down, and rocked me pretty hard. No serious damage to anything though.
um... my baby cousin came in and starting hitting my bass, and then ran off screaming. Thats about it for me nothing special.
hawhaw =D

My big amp, before the pickuppy thingies went boom, wouldn't work because certain wires had disconnected **it's old like my bass...** and the back of the plug had came unscrewed too. So us being us, decided to take it apart and put it together again **we did that with our guitarist's fender...she got grounded for a month xD**
Anyway, we were sitting there and we'd connected the wires up, feeling pretty proud of ourselves, and then steph *singer* took the plug before anyone could stop her put it into a socket. she screamed, we screamed, and she got blistered. =| her thumb and back of her hand was all red and sore...

needless to say, the amp broke again three weeks later because I fell over it while practising =D

Quote by AxeMasterFreon
I bent down to pick up my drummers hi-hat halfway through a practice, my guitarist happened to trip over my neck into the door... and through it
Chuh, MY corpse, aye?

:P

Quote by AxeMasterFreon
Back when I was in my first band (freshman year of highschool) I had some slides to do on the show (Lounge Act-- Nirvana). Anyways, the singers takes a look at me and yells "Quit Jacking off with that thing!" Unfortunately, he didn't realize we had just turned on the speakers, so everyone in about a mile radius heard.
I was playing with my band and i rested the bass on the table next to about 2 electric guitars and 3 acoustics, knocked over the bass and well it was abit like knocking over dominoes lol
Michael Balzary aka Flea

The B.A.B of Muse Idolisation Brotherhood. PM Glen_Hansard or sadistic_monkey to join.

Member #19 of the John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub. PM IpodInaBottle to join.
hmmm. ive hit myself in the teeth about eight hundred times. stupid strap was way too loose. ive also dropped my bass more than a few times. i finally decided, blow this Sh*t and i just went into my garage, grabbed a roll of duct tape, and taped the holes closed. needless to say it hasnt dropped or broken any of my teeth as of late.
Page 1 of 2