I think he's talking about a slide...or perhaps a grace note. A double stop is when you fret two notes and play them together.
Hi, I'm Peter
no. Dirk is the one who got it right.

A double stop IS two notes simultaniously. It's also called a diad. A chord is 3 or notes at the same time, a double stop is two notes at the same time.

Two notes almost at the same time... is two notes after each other.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Well.. if you think about it, the first string that your finger hits will sound very slightly before the second string...
Quote by Charlatan_001
Well.. if you think about it, the first string that your finger hits will sound very slightly before the second string...

Or you can pluck the strings with two different fingers. That should fix it up good.
Computer programmers are loopy.
- That's one of my own!
Depends if you're using a combo of two fingers to pluck it at the same time, or just do a stroke with a pick. I find it easier with a pick (and it has a better tone IMO). Don't stab me >_>
Quote by Charlatan_001

or, if you think of it in terms of music, it hits the same note at the same time and your wrong and stop trying to cover it up. Thanks. I appreciate honesty and shame, rather than lies to cover up mistakes.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Just like when u snap the strings (Slap bass), with ur middle/fore finger, use both. i do this when using power chords (but they ain't chords, only 2 notes...???).
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->