What do you guys think I can get for my Ibanez Telecaster? Meh... I am entertaining the thought of selling it now or holding out until it goes up in value which is a long shot at this point. Either way I will use the money ot help finance my luthier build. Here is the description of the guitar. Was built around 1967. That is when the model was released. Made in Korea. Neckplate with serial number. Has it's share of battle scars. Chips and scratches and stuff like that but no belt rash. Bridge pickup was changed out for a Seymour Duncan Hot Rail. Humbucker pickup cover was removed. Truss rod cover missing lol. About 1mm worth of laquer where at the very bottom of the fret board. Sperzel tuners. Original fender bridge. Original strap buttons. I have pictures posted up here. I will get detailed shots up sometime hopefully. I dunno I need a new camera. So how much do you guys think it's worth? I don't think it would be too much but I'm hoping for a decent price at least.

EDIT: Read last post that I made please. I'd also like to say thanks for everyones help.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Last edited by OsirisProtocol at Jul 26, 2006,
Those old Ibanez copies are sometimes worth alot, some none at all. I think it all depends on the model. Look around on Ebay to get a general idea of what people are paying/selling them for.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

A lot, it was built when Ibanez was making copies in the early days, it's most lekely worth alot, it probably plays like a dream.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
I'll buy it from you, $50 Canadian.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
I don't think Fender started making that style of Tele until the 70s, making it pretty hard for Ibanez to copy in 67. I'm not trying to shoot you down, and I could very well be wrong, I was just pointing it out so you could perhaps look into it a bit further.
Last edited by markom89 at Jul 16, 2006,
Quote by markom89
I don't think Fender started making that style of Tele until the 70s, making it pretty hard for Ibanez to copy in 67. I'm not trying to shoot you down, and I could very well be wrong, I was just pointing it out so you could perhaps look into it a bit further.

You are right in saying that Fender didn't produce Teles with that pickup confguration until the 70's (1972, to be exact) but I believe he was referring to the body/headstock style.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Quote by markom89

Broadcaster came out in the 50's, so, you're completely wrong. Where the hell did you come up with this?

TS: Ibanez pre lawsuit copies are worth quite a bit, but if it's as scratched up as you say it is, it obviously would've gone down in value. Nonetheless, the quality of the ibanez copies was, in my opinion, superior to that of some of fender's bests, but fender did have it's star products. Regardless, if you're lookign to sell it, ebay is your best bet.
Cheers,
DK
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
Quote by BlinkBlinkBlink
Broadcaster came out in the 50's, so, you're completely wrong. Where the hell did you come up with this?

He was talking about pickup configuration, not body style. Teles with humbuckers in the neck weren't introduced until 1972. He was right.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Sorry guys lol. I switched the year around by mistake. It is supposed to be 1976. That was my fault. But besides that I will check around ebay to get an idea of it's worth then. And sorry but I'm not willing to sell it for $50 Canadian.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Last edited by OsirisProtocol at Jul 16, 2006,
Quote by YoungPilgrim
You are right in saying that Fender didn't produce Teles with that pickup confguration until the 70's (1972, to be exact) but I believe he was referring to the body/headstock style.

Yeah I mean anyone could have easily popped a humbucker into the neck of a stock Tele, it was the pickgaurd that gives it away, though.

BlinkBlinkBlink: Don't be so quick to try and prove everyone wrong, eh?

Sweet guitar, nontheless.
Thanks lol. As it looks I don't think I can get too much for it with Ebay. I dunno I guess no one is bidding because for most of the Vintage stuff up ther there isn't really anything over $500 except for one that is about $2000. I don't think anyone bid on it though. When I get more detailed pictures I will put it up for auction with a researve and see what I can get for it. If I can't get much I am keeping it and modding it out. I don't care if thats the case.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Quote by OsirisProtocol
Sorry guys lol. I switched the year around by mistake. It is supposed to be 1976. That was my fault. But besides that I will check around ebay to get an idea of it's worth then. And sorry but I'm not willing to sell it for $50 Canadian.

LOL, cool, I was about to say that if it was a '67 I don't think Ibanez HAD a factory in Korea yet!
Hell I probably would sell it to you honestly. Just gimme a bit to get the pictures and everything together. I am selling it with a protec gigbag that I got with it. I will get a bunch of pictures together and post em.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Quote by OsirisProtocol

Oh dang.
lol yeah those Ibanez's can really be worth a lot (Im talking about $1000-$3000 and up)
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
Well here are all the pictures. http://www.putfile.com/osirisprotocol/images
I got 18 new pictures taken for the auction. They show all the chips and crap that the guitar was put through in this cruel world lol. I will post the auction on ebay in a day or so. I just have to get some other stuff out of the way so I can focus on it. Thanks for everyones help.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem