so i have a Seymour Duncan JB humbucker in my old strat copy, and i rarely use that. now i have a gibson les paul studio, with a "498T Alnico magnet humbucker" in it. both are for the bridge position...do you think i should switch em (to make my les paul better)? which is the better pickup?

and can you buy covers for the humbuckers? cus my JB bucker doesnt have one, but the LP one does.
Quote by lifewontwait834
so i have a Seymour Duncan JB humbucker in my old strat copy, and i rarely use that. now i have a gibson les paul studio, with a "498T Alnico magnet humbucker" in it. both are for the bridge position...do you think i should switch em (to make my les paul better)? which is the better pickup?

and can you buy covers for the humbuckers? cus my JB bucker doesnt have one, but the LP one does.

Overall JB is a better pickup, unless you play classic music, then the alnico would be better...maybe.
I'd switch 'em out. Yes, you can buy a pickup cover for the JB. Check Musician's Friend or Seymour Duncan'ss website.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
no point in adding a pickup cover. if its for aesthatics the hassle getting them onto the pickup is not worth the look of it. plus imo it would look cool with 1 uncovered pup and 1 covered pup
yea uncovered/covers just looks more "customized" or "fooled around with".
put it in.