yea.. i plug it into an amp, everything in the write direction, but apparently the connection isnt working. i get no sound at all.

ive tried 2 different amps and 2 different cords so im pretty sure ive isolated the problem to the guitar.

any suggestions?
When I hit 'em from the back, I got them mami's saying dammit man.

When I put it in their mouth, I got them mami's saying duh-huh-huh-muhh.
pm with the style of guitar u have and i can help u, ive been thru this problem with both styles of outputs
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
1.make sure the volume on the guitar isnt at zero on either pickup. if that doesny work see if the jack on the guitar is loose. Oh and if it has active pickups, try replacing the battery.

If it still isnt producing sound either your pickups are fried, one of youre pots (volume and tone knobs) or you pickup switch is bad or theres a conneciton that got knocked out.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Maybe the input jack is bad. You can probably fix that yourself if you've got a soldering iron.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
fix that yourself if you've got a soldering iron.

If you're unfamiliar with soldering I certainly wouldn't recommend going at it with a soldering iron.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
check the wiring inside your guitar see if anythings disconected
my wires have disconected lots of time on my piece of crap epi les paul
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
did ur input jack get loose a lot and did u screw it in when it got loose from the outside? if u did a wire might have gotten ripped off of it. If u can solder, just solder the wire back on but if u havnt before go to a proffesional
to me it does sound like a loose input jack so does sound come out of it when you wiggle the input jack
i opened it up and i didnt find any disconnected wires, the sound is not set to zero.

i had this problem before and i just tightened the screws on the input jack and it was good to go again but now i really have no idea what to do...

when u hand tighten the input jack, u run the risk of ripping off one of the two wires that connect to it. (how to correctly tighten a jack)...

remove the jack see if the two wires are connected.

if they are then make sure that when the jack is inserted, its clicking into the arm and held tight. like below...

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jul 16, 2006,
when i opened the jack i looked at the wires and they were both in just fine. i also plugged the cord in and it was firm just like the picture.

what are the chances of me blowing my pickups?

just de-solder the wires and then re-solder them. it happens to my epi all the time and i should rewire it soon and put new pickups into it, but thats a different story for another day.
ur not going to blow ur pickups, and all i can think is that the wire either disconnected from the pot on the other side, or they look like they are on but are actually not connected well, and resoldering them might work.

(u said u swapped the cord)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011