View poll results: Which Gibson?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
9 53%
Gibson Les Paul Supreme Figured
3 18%
Gibson Slash Signature Les Paul
5 29%
Voters: 17.
kk... ive narrowed it down... between 4 Gibsons... 2 are signatures... and theyre pretty steep... but ima start saving now... cuz i just got hired at a music shop.. so they are...

Gibson Slash Signature
Gibson Zakk Wylde Bullseye Signature
Gibson Supreme Les Paul *AAAA Carved Maple Top And Back*
Gibson Les Paul Custom

i know theyre all steep... and a while away... but i was wantin to get input from people that possibly owned these... *no i dont expect you to own all of them...* help me out!

thanks
Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
You can't really decide without playing them! Hint hint.....

But definately stay away from signature Gibsons, way overpriced for what they are, honestly.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Id say go for the bog standard Custom. Thats what Ive got and its as good as anything out there that Gibson do. I used to have a Zakk bullseye, it was quite nice but for the money it wasnt worth it really. Never played the Slash but wouldnt mind owning one coz of the Peizo in the bridge. I love slash too!
well... my shop that i work at... isnt a gibson dealer... the nearest one is in Houston... and thats about 115 miles away... i mean... my shop can ORDER them... but what good would that be? and as far as the sigs... i know that theyre WAY overpriced... but i lust after the Slash Sig... lol... now if i could get that finish on another guitar... id do it in a heartbeat... but its a "Slash Custom Tobacco Burst" finish or some sh*t...
Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
Don't get the Wylde one, because of the EMGs.
unless your a major BLS fan....

If you want to play metal, Slash's pickups will suck. But otherwise it's awesome, gorgeous, and has a piezo.

and outta the last two, the custom by far, because it's a custom, ie it has the best woods, and it will be pefect right outside the box (but change the pickups to 57' classics!)

so it's between Slash and Custom for me...
lol... my pickups of choice from Gibson are '57 Classic in the neck and '57 Classic Plus in the bridge... im not a real fan of Alnico pickups... and why no EMGs? they get great harmonics and sustain great... ill admit though that id take Seymour Duncans any day... ;-)
Quote by die_kenny_die
pff, I've had 3 different SD's and they all sucked (JB, Jazz, Dimebucker), now I have a wineshead and a bareknuckle, and I can't complain.

Pros use EMGs to have a relatively clean sound, buzz free when playing loud aith lots of gain and/or effects.

But a friend of mine has a guitar with Gibson 57s and they are truely amazing.
i truely agree about the 57s... im thinkin bout swappin em into my Epi LP Custom... awe, no likey the Jazz? yea... i could agree... 59s a better pickup i think... as much gain as i crank out... i can understand wanting to ban the buzz...
Quote by die_kenny_die
i own an epi lesp aul but never played one of those, but i'll go with the slash one
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
i already have the Epi LP Custom... and i love it.. so im sure that the Gibson version would blow me away... so basically... everybodys sayin forget the ZW Sig... so ill drop it... its down to the Custom, Supreme, and the Slash Sig...
Quote by die_kenny_die
Historic Reissues > Sigs and Customs
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
From your narrowing (and if money is no object) I would select the Slash model. The Piezo pickup ensures acoustic-esque cleans, while the two Alnico 2s will provide sexual cleans and smooth leads!
poll added... please vote!!!
Quote by die_kenny_die
from i read, the alcino II's in the slash LP will give you some creamy, vintage goodness

then again you could buy a standard and swap the pups, and save $2000
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
dunlop... i think that me and you are mentally connected...

hahaha

i thought about that... but there arent really Standards that im interested in... i actually... was interested in the Gibson Classic LP... but decided not to get it... but if i was to switch pups... id put in Burstbucker Pros or a 57 Classic and 57 Classic Plus
Quote by die_kenny_die
Quote by fret_it_fast
dunlop... i think that me and you are mentally connected..

buttsecks?
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by DunlopGuy
buttsecks?

HAHAHA! its a possibility im sure...

well heres how the poll sits...

Custom- 54.55%
Supreme- 9.09%
Slash- 36.36%
Quote by die_kenny_die
if i was to go reissue... i would go either 58 Goldtop LP or 58 LP Standard in Washed Cherry... both very nice guitars if i say so myself...
Quote by die_kenny_die
know what... youre right... lots of people have Les Pauls... techincally... its Les' guitar... i mean, he made it famous... so i guess were all idiots then
Quote by die_kenny_die