The first of these I discovered through Pandora (www.pandora.com)

I get the impression that these guys have been around ages, and I just never knew they were there but still, for those who haven't heard them, they're cool and summery, so perfect timing! Puts me in mind of if you took The Arcade Fire and put in a few bits of The Flaming Lips. But it's not half as scary as that sounds

Second one I read about in the Exeter Express & Echo as having an independent release on sale at Solo Music, so I got to support a new band AND an indy music shop in the same shout

At first I thought these would be really emo just from the cover art and the style of the site, but it's a really cool acoustic 2-piece, some nice interwoven guitar work and some cool vocal melody, includes a pretty sweet cover of Try by Nelly Furtado which they do a cracking job of.

They also have a purevolume

So yeah I liked em and thought some other folk might as well
aye i like 'em both terry, well, i like the few songs i've heard you'll never guess where i heard of 'em though...
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
I bet you haven't really heard of them at all, and you're just pretending you've heard of them to look cool on a forum.

Heard of the Wallflowers, they have been around quite a while. The other lot though, not heard of them. They sound alright, nothing amazing, but yeah, I nice little find you've got there Tezio.

(I reckon Alice found them in the same place as yourself )
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by andrewbiles
(I reckon Alice found them in the same place as yourself )

Or possibly someone sent her some by MSN....

I was a bit gutted that I liked the Worrydolls as much as I do, cos I was in Exeter on Thursday and Friday this week, and they had a gig in 3 Fat Fish on Saturday which I woulda liked to have gone to - but ah well, at least I know they're cool and can catch em another time
Didn't the Wallflowers cover a David Bowie song? I think they did.

Pandora is great. I found out about Polvo through that site.
I never really took to The Wallflowers for some reason. Though they do score some points with me just for having Jakob Dylan in the band. Guess who his dad is .
Quote by tezhall
Or possibly someone sent her some by MSN....

Oh

Let me just go and edit a couple of posts to be right
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I heard the Wallflowers something like two summers ago, didn't quite enjoy them but I was on a different wave anyway, I'll give them a listen.

EDIT: ok, don't really like them... too poppy
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Last edited by sponj at Jul 16, 2006,
if you're thinking of the wallflowers i'm thinking of (bob dylan's son's band?), that is hilarious. they had a radio hit some years ago. they're pretty dull.
The Wallflowers... I remember when a friend of mine talked me about those guys, he said something to me about a song called "One Headlight", I told him that I did not know it. So then, I downloaded it... and Oh surprise!... I heard one of the songs I've been looking for... That was a miracle.
I've heard some songs of the Wallflowers, but I must to say: The best ever album they have is "Bringing Down the Horse".
I love "closer to you" from "Red Letter Days", it's a very nice song