okie okie rephrased my thread XD

i can't remember chords and i play songs by tabs all the time

yea i play the guitar , erm so anyone ever faced tis problem?
Last edited by BirdHouse at Jul 16, 2006,
Quote by wicks20004
you spell like a retard

LOL

But seriously you do.

Your memory problems will go away after time, and i hope your "spwelin" does too.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Yeh, I'd love to help you, but I have to be able to understand you first.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
Quote by wicks20004
you spell like a retard

I agree.

Anyway, you can't remember chords and stuff, aye? Well, how long have you been playing for? If you're like me and only have been playing for 3 days, I wouldn't expect to have the chords engraved in my head either. Just practise your chords flat out for like an hour or two and you might be able to remember them.
im glad to see the first few people were so helpful. I found that you just learn a couple of songs that use the chords (a song you like) and so you have to be able to play the chords in order to play the song, gives you incentive to remember them doesnt take all that long to learn them though, and once you do youll look back and try and work out what was so hard about learning them
never happened. when i see a chord i just remember where it goes. try to visualise the shape you make with your fingers, that mite help. Then again, might just be cos ur trying to learn too many too fast.
Quote by emarjan
no. dont play the guitar

Then what are you doing on a guitar forum?
tkz to the guy's who helped posted something more helpful then thoese being as ass
i find it helpful to study some chord theory and understand how chords are built while also studying the names of the notes on the neck...this will allow you to locate chord shapes almost sub-consciously and eliminate the need to memorize chords, which is a hassle...it will take some hard work and study, but it will pay off, not only with chords, but with inversions and arpeggios as well
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.