EDIT: Ok , I decided to screw the 200-250 budget and go to 300-500. I just thought of an idea, go to my local guitar store, rent a brand new guitar I like for a month, then pay it off (60% of what i pay to rent goes to buying the guitar).

What is the best guitar I can get for 300-500 bucks?

My interests in music:
Rock/Hard Rock/Alternative Rock
Funk

No me gusta:
Metal
Country
Blues

Also note, this is my first guitar. Im going to learn on it
Last edited by ManEatingTree at Jul 16, 2006,
22 frets

hmm, sweet curves, which means eye candy and comfort.

2 single coils and 1 humbucker, which means versatility, but not exactly for metal even though its ibanez

agathis body.

don't buy it. unless you want expensive firewood
Quote by Invictious
22 frets

hmm, sweet curves, which means eye candy and comfort.

2 single coils and 1 humbucker, which means versatility, but not exactly for metal even though its ibanez

agathis body.

don't buy it. unless you want expensive firewood

What would you recomend?
I'd look into the Ibanez jumpstart pack, for the 2006 they've included a 15 watt amp, which is live-able and there's a new model, the IJX121 and IJX40 (older one is IJS40, guess they changed it to X when they include the new 15w amp).

The new IJX121 is actually the GRG121, guitar alone, in asia (not japan). Apparently when they ship them to the US, they changed the pups from PSND to STD and make them a Jumpstart pack. Most likely it will be made from Korea, or China.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Jul 16, 2006,
Quote by JerrySeinfeld
hey you get what you pay for, thats why its so cheap, i say save up and get a better one

Im allready going to have a hard ass time saving for one in a 200-250 price range. My plan is to get a decent cheaper one for now, and save up while I learn to play on that. So then after a year or so after practicing and getting into the guitar, I will have enough money to buy a nicer guitar
Quote by ManEatingTree
Im allready going to have a hard ass time saving for one in a 200-250 price range. My plan is to get a decent cheaper one for now, and save up while I learn to play on that. So then after a year or so after practicing and getting into the guitar, I will have enough money to buy a nicer guitar

well then in those circumstances i say get a Yamaha Pacifica or some other begginer guitar, that way you'll have a nice enough guitar to learn on and have some money left over to build on for your next one.
If you want to learn on a guitar go for a good neck. A neck you like. It can have the worst pickups on this planet, but your fingers will feel comfortable and you will learn faster
Last edited by Klayy at Jul 16, 2006,
saying that if you like big chunky necks like Les Pauls, go for the Epiphone Lp junior, there only about £130. apparently there worse than Squires but hey, its a budget guitar.
Quote by JerrySeinfeld
saying that if you like big chunky necks like Les Pauls, go for the Epiphone Lp junior, there only about £130. apparently there worse than Squires but hey, its a budget guitar.

I dont want to get somthing realy cheap though.
do you already have an amp? if not i still stay get a cheap begginner axe. They're flexible and will allow you to explore any type of music from jazz to hard rock, this will also free up more cash for a decent amp.
Quote by ManEatingTree
what do you guys think of this one?
http://www.music123.com/Squier-Deluxe-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-i127325.music

Squier Deluxe Stratocaster. My dad told me stratos are nice guitars, though i think he was thinking of the acualy Fender ones.

It got nice reviews though on this site. 9.8. Is it a buy?

It's a squier.....

You might live through with that guitar, for like..2 months.
Quote by JerrySeinfeld
do you already have an amp? if not i still stay get a cheap begginner axe. They're flexible and will allow you to explore any type of music from jazz to hard rock, this will also free up more cash for a decent amp.

The amp is covered. I just need a guitar.
Quote by incockgnito
Save few bucks and buy higher (S470?) series Ibanez

eh.. Thats a bit more then a few bucks. Its more like 250 more bucks
well then i say, get a guitar worth £250 but not the Ibanez you suggested, im sure if you look you can find better, agathis sucks
What kind of amp have you got? What kind of music are you going to be playing on it?
Quote by Aidy Damage
What kind of amp have you got? What kind of music are you going to be playing on it?

I dont have one yet, but my dad will be willing to buy one. He knows his amps, so i dont have to worry about that

As for music, pretty much any thing good for learning the basics of guitar. Then later on Ill go to the music I love (rock, hard rock, funk).
Quote by ManEatingTree

http://www.rondomusic.net/electricguitar.html

http://www.rondomusic.net/amplifiers.html

quality guitars and amps for insanely low prices.
Dickless.
I really have to say these Michael Kelleys sound really good at the store with good action. The pups mounted directly into the mahogany body really pull off some awesome pinch harmonics, better than a Hellraiser tested beforehand. And a Custom for $424 is a great deal Ive seen them for $559

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Michael-Kelly-Patriot-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=512296X

well this is what im trying to decide between, and they are in your same price range also. a epiphone g-400 300 bucks for the non-gloss version and 400 bucks for the gloss(just the paint job is different). and a mexico made fender fat h/s/s/ standard strat. well thats jsut what im deciding.