Hi there
I've been looking for a new amp, after the old one i used to use (some 26year old yamaha tube amp) has started to regularly just switch off, add noise when adding treble and generally sometimes decides not to start up anymore...

I've tried so far to inform myself about what amps are 'modern' today.
As I understood it, tube amps simply aren't affordable.

In other words, I can get a transistor-amp (I'm not sure if it's called like that in english)
or one with digital modelling.

I have already worked with a Behringer v-amp2
, so I thought about getting this one:

behringer homepage

Thomann (german description)

There are two things I'm not sure about...
I've got a small room in the basement to practice, so I can't turn up the amp to full volume...
As the above amp has got 120W output, I don't know if I can regulate the volume down without all the effects/overdrive of the amp disappearng? I heard it's not possible with tube amps, but I didn't find anything about modeling amps in this context.

And another question:
Amps without those modelling capacities seem to be hardly cheaper than those with modeling capacities. Why? (Just thinking if a modeling amp is a good idea at all.)

btw At the moment I only own a cheap beginner's guitar, some strat copy thing.
I've been playing for a bit more than half a year, and prefer to play rock/metal.
I could spend about 250? for the amp.

I'd be really happy if you could help me somehow with this issue.

edit: treble, not trouble xD
Get the amp serviced and get a re-tube. Iyt likely to sound a lot better than a 250 Euro amp.

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Hm, do you have an idea how to find out if those mistakes are all about the tube itself?
how expensive is that sort of tube going to be?
Thanks.
how much is 250? american?
Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
316.65 US $ Dollar

but I don't know if generally prices for electronic equipment differ over there.
well... people are gonna hate me.. but the Line 6 Spider II is an okay modeling amp... now if you had the money... id say go Line 6 Flextone III... theyre the shaz and not as complicated as the Vetta II series...
Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
^People say it's bearable for pratice
EDIT: fret, why do you love solid states so much?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
so do you plug this thing into an amp? the v-amp? i want one...sounds cool
R.I.P. DIMEBAG Put this in your sig to keep DIMEBAG's memory alive

Silvertone Revolver guitar
B.C. Rich Warlock Deluxe Series
Dixon Acoustic
Silvertone Smart III Electric Guitar Amp
Quote by aznrockerdude
fret, why do you love solid states so much?

lol... i honestly dont know... why be clean when you can be dirty?? haha
Quote by die_kenny_die