Ok i know what they are but i cant get them to sound like cool. They just sound like your scratching the string and sound awful...any help? Thanx in advance.
Ibanez S520
Yamaha Pacifica 112 with JB.Jr Neck pickup
Ibanez Custom Blazer
Peavey Bandit 112, Marshall Valvestate 20
Marshall Jackhammer, Zoom 505 effects, Boss ME-50
Boss Pw 10 V Wah
Dunlop 1.5mm Picks, D'addario standard Strings
i use these picks from jim dunlop for pick slides.you use the crevice between the bumps for sliding and it sounds cool.you can also use the different sides for different sounds when you pick.theyre called tortex fins.

Awesome thanx dude/dudette are they good for jus normal playing as well?
Ibanez S520
Yamaha Pacifica 112 with JB.Jr Neck pickup
Ibanez Custom Blazer
Peavey Bandit 112, Marshall Valvestate 20
Marshall Jackhammer, Zoom 505 effects, Boss ME-50
Boss Pw 10 V Wah
Dunlop 1.5mm Picks, D'addario standard Strings
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
i use these picks from jim dunlop for pick slides.you use the crevice between the bumps for sliding and it sounds cool.you can also use the different sides for different sounds when you pick.theyre called tortex fins.

yea i use those as well for the pick slide in crazy train only and the i drop it and play with fender mediums

for everything else i use fender medium calif. clears or fender lights cailf. clears.

for me the faster the song has to be played the thinner the pick i use.

i do not pick slide with lights though. i pick slide with heavys and the dunlops in the pic above
try angling the pick so that the sliding part of the pick is at about 45 degrees to the string while applying pressure to the string and sliding...make sure to catch the tiny "grooves" of the string while performing the slide so that you get the high-pitched engine like sound you frequently hear in pickslides
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.