I hear alot about this bass guitar is it the best bang for your buck? i am willing to spend $1000 on a bass guitar. no i cant play but i am going to go to school full time for bass guitar.
it depends on your style. its a good rock and roll badd but i personally prefer a fender j bass which is more versatile
if you got nothing good to say say nothing at all.
It's definately worth the money. I played one for a while at a guitar center and it was the best bass i've played. It's got a really versatile tone with the on-board EQ so you don't have to change your amp settings at all. I would recommend the 2 humbucker one which might be a little more expensive.
The Damned Blue Collar Tweeker of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
11th chords are for fags.
Nah I wouldn't go for the double humbucker... Well I didn't haha.
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
Stingray's are excellent basses, but they're not for every one. Everything involving bass is personal preference. You might want to check out some other highend bass before settling in on it.

Try Warwick, Tobias, Pedulla, and MIA Fenders.
I'm fine with one humbucker, but I'd gladly use two if it didn't mean taking away the glorious slap room I so appreciate.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
I don't like stingrays because I'm just not a fan of active electronics. They take away from the tone imo. Passive is always the only way I go.
you don't play but your going to school full time to be a bassist?

anyone else have any questions about that or just me?
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by hendrixstudent
I hear alot about this bass guitar is it the best bang for your buck? i am willing to spend $1000 on a bass guitar. no i cant play but i am going to go to school full time for bass guitar.

I only heard $1000, and "no i cant play yet"

I would start on something cheaper. that way if you dislike playing, you wont reget it so much.