hello, lately ive been having a very frustrating problem with the bridge on my epi les paul. about every one to two weeks of regular use my b string breaks at the bridge. ive tried several different types of strings including the really expensive exlirs but they still keep breaking. any help?
where is the string breaking? feel the saddle, see if there is a rough spot.

a rough spot can be filed smooth. they also have graphtech saddles, they call "string savers"

add a drop of light machine oil on that spot as well.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Probably the things that the strings rest on that needs replacing. I don't know the word in enlish, but you know those small "tracks" that rest ontop of the bridge. Its probably got a sharp edge that wear away on the strings.

You have to options. You could file it down, to make it smooth again, or you can buy new ones. I had to do the same (buy new ones), and i've not broken a string the past 3 months. Here's a link:

Oh, well, can't find a link. Maybe someone else can help you. Just search musiciansfriend if you know the word for what im talking about. Im not english, so i dont
LAf, ref all u had to do was read the post before urs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

well from what i can tell there arent rough spots on the saddle, but thats just me feeling with my finger. is there anything i can do about it myself or is it better to take it into a shop?
Just get a new tune-o-matic. If not then just file it down.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_Tune-o-matic_parts/Graph_Tech_String_Saver_Tune-o-matic_Saddles.html

these are graphtech saddles for ur current TOM. u would just screw them in.

u have to call them or meaure the ones u have to see which would fit ur guitar.

in addition they sell, std saddles, and now TOM bridges.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

ok, cool thanks. ill have to try that. by the way, does anyone have an estimate for how much it would cost to have the saddles filed down. just curious to see which is cheaper
if u get a small metal file. u can try to make it smooth on ur own.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62