Hey guys i need a new amp and i want a Tube amp instead of a SS that i currently have.

What do all you guys think of the Peavy Valve King 212 ??

My Price range is £300 - £400

Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 w/ Swineys
Fender Standard Telecaster w/ Duncans
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
I Tried the head out, Personally i want too impressed with it. Its a step up from soild state but its not that good. I also have a JSX Half stack and it doesnt ever compare. I would save up the money and get something better/
Gear:
Fernandes Revolver Elite
Schecter C1 Exotic
Schecter C1 Classic
Peavey JSX head
Hartke 4x12 cab
Boss GT-8
BBE 362 Sonic maximizer
id love a JSX bu the cost puts me off lol i only gig small venues and very rarely im in the process of switching bands at the moment so things are going kinda slow.

Any other input ?
Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
^What type of music do you play / sounds are you looking from an amp?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I always say that if somebodys heart is set on the Valve King, then they should just get a Classic 30/50 instead. Much much better. But yes, what kind of stuff would you be playing reguardless?
^Why is that then?
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by SayAnything
No. Just no.

lol

I Play a lot of rock and metal, i like to play satriani and vai and i occasionally indulge in some blues. But mainly satriani, vai and then rock and metal

Thanks for your opinions guys
Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Just to let you know, I doubt the Valveking would be able to do the things you want by itself, it'll need an overdrive pedal.

I'd suggest you look into a few more amps, like a Laney LC30, try a load of amps out too, see what you like.
Don't be afraid to care"

Yeah thanks i am planning to get a kitted out pedal set up soon, so i need an amp to go with that - like i dont need amp modelling and effec ts and stuff koz a) i never use the inbuilt effects and b) im getting my pedal set up soon

Any more ideas? Ill go down to soundcontrol and try some out.
Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
at £300-£400 you're struggling for metal, basically. You can get some quite good bloues and classic rock amps though- you could maybe boost them with an overdrive and/or eq pedal to get the results you want, assuming you don't play too modern metal. I'd look into:

peavey classic 30
fender blues junior
fender hot rod deluxe (BJ is better, IMO, but maybe not enough wattage if you're in a band)
Traynor YCV20 (ditto BJ on the wattage)
Laney lc30/vc30 (also come in 15 watt versions- and I haven't tried these)
Orange AD15 (again, the wattage problem)
Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube (haven't tried it- it MAY have enough gain for satch and vai on its own).

Then there are some higher gain amps- these aren't amazing, IMO, but if you MUST have metal tones that are all-tube, and your price range isn't flexible, there isn't much you can do.

Marshall DSL401
Ashdown Fallen Angel 40 watt combo
Peavey Valveking
Randall RG50TC (haven't tried it)
Laney GH50L (if you already have a cabinet, or can get a good one second hand for cheap- again, I haven't tried it, it may be great)

I think that's most of them...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ah Okay Thanks guys, can you reccomend a GOOD amp for my price range that would suit my needs?

EDIT - that sounds kinda wrong koz i knwo i have had quite a few reccomendations so far - i meant are there any other amps that you would recomend - not nessecerially for metal as the effects chain would sort that out.

£300-£400, GOod all round amp that will take effects chain nicely

Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
^A used Marshall DSL 401 (or TSL if you can find one)
Don't be afraid to care"

I could get a used Marshall JCM2000 TSL 602 for £425 off ebay, that sound good to you all ?

EDIT: link - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Marshall-JCM-2000-60-Watt-TSL-602-Triple-Super-Lead_W0QQitemZ180007905905QQihZ008QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
^Yea they're nice amps, especially for hard rock and metal.

Try one out in a shop if you can, then buy on eBay
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
^Yea they're nice amps, especially for hard rock and metal.

Try one out in a shop if you can, then buy on eBay

+1 to the amp suggestion
But yeah, try it out in a shop first if you can.
Thanks guys ill go try it out
Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Good luck.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by olix99
£300-£400, GOod all round amp that will take effects chain nicely

unless anyone else has suggested anything different, just try as many of the amps on the list I made that you can...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?