Ok, basically, after playing electric guitar for about 2 years (just under) i have decided that it is time for me to go about purchasing a new guitar, that is of better quality then the guitar I have now (Vintage V6SSB, or something like that).
I have about £500 to spend (which is around $920 I believe) I can strech a little over that if I have to.

I play a wide range of music, some bands I play alot of are Iron Maiden, Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Pantera and a little chili peppers, however, I like to play other totally different genres of music sometimes (blues, Jazz, etc).
I'm not sure whether I want a tremolo bridge or not, i haven't quite decided yet as I'm not sure of all the advantages and dis-advantages, I was hoping you could tell me them and tell me whether you think I need one or not now you know what kinda music I'm into playing.

I was looking into an Ibanez RG1570, and after playing it at my guitar shop, I decided it was quite nice, though i'm hoping to get a list of guitars that I could look into so I can try them all out at the guitar shop and decide which is best for me.

Also (not to be rude) I would apreiciate it if I didn't get a bunch or replies telling me to get a new amp first.

Thanks in advance
For the blues/jazz/Chili Peppers type stuff, a strat would work out great. But it wouldn't perform so well with all the metal bands. So I would say go with the Ibanez, or maybe look into Jackson or even ESP, though I prefer Ibanez out of those three.
i tried the 1570 aswell! and ive played for just under 2 years lol

im currently looking at a ESP explorer, you might want to try it out
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
^^ that is a sick guitar. but its has emgs..which arent the best for cleans...but pretty damn good.
its go with some schecters.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
well if its a new amp you want to be recommened for what you say you paly, well you migh look at some line 6 amps..... well i dont have one but i have used one before......
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.
go with the schecter's, avenged sevenfold use them, and they're good for that, maybe the C1-FR if u want a tremolo, you'd have to find it on ebay or somewhere though, and if u don't want a tremolo, go with the schecter C-1 Elite or Tempest Custom, those have coil tapping so you can get a single coil and humbucker sound, but they're just ones i like though, lol, u may like other ones though, just an opinion
my opinion is get one with seymour duncans, those are the most versatile pickups in my opinion. an since the pickups are the most important part of the guitar, nothing else will make a HUGE difference on tone, so long as it's of decent wood, decent neck joint, and isn't some cheap chinese imitation. but i'd suggest an esp, but stay away from agathis wood.
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Look into Schecters. Great guitars, plus they look quite sexy and the stock pickups aren't too shabby. The Ibanez RG you tried sounds perfect for what you'd want it for too, it really comes down to what you think feels and sounds best.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Quote by Chad11491
go with the schecter's, avenged sevenfold use them, and they're good for that, maybe the C1-FR if u want a tremolo, you'd have to find it on ebay or somewhere though, and if u don't want a tremolo, go with the schecter C-1 Elite or Tempest Custom, those have coil tapping so you can get a single coil and humbucker sound, but they're just ones i like though, lol, u may like other ones though, just an opinion

uh no you wouldnt need to look on ebay..they are coming out with new C-1 FR's...but schecters are great, especially hellraisers...aside from them theres some nice ESP's, like the hammet sigs as well as the MH-400 and the jackson RR's are nice as well
Go get your shovel.