Anyone actually played one of these? I mean seriously EQ'd the crap out of it and all? If so "In your Opinion" how did it sound.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I was looking for a seperate reveiw. I've seen every written reweiw (and the videos) I need a personal reveiw.
Quote by ClayJohnson
I was looking for a seperate reveiw. I've seen every written reweiw (and the videos) I need a personal reveiw.

Ahh....can't help you then, sorry.. You might try doing a search for "v3 sound clips" or something to that effect, you might might find a few songs that people have recorded using the v3.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Ahh....can't help you then, sorry.. You might try doing a search for "v3 sound clips" or something to that effect, you might might find a few songs that people have recorded using the v3.

Thank you for trying
Go to the guitarlodge.com forums and pm FastRedPonyCar. He has one and loves it (his written review is actually in the carvin catalouge). He also has butloads of sound clips and such
Gear
Fender Standard Tele
Epi Les Paul Custom w/ emg 81 (18v)
Line 6 Vetta
FBV Longboard
Well, I know on youtube a guy has posted several very informative videos on the V3, I'll have to find that link. http://www.youtube.com/results?search=carvin+v3&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

Also, check out the Carvin forums at www.carvin.com/bbs/ There are a few guys over there that have awesome V3's, and have tons of helpful clips. Tons. They also post a couple of good reviews of them, the good and bad sides.

Here's a direct link to one of the guy's SoundClick. Most all of his stuff was recorded with the V3, and he's got tons of clips on there. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=264448

Those videos and clips really sold the amp for me. If you need more, I could post a pretty in depth review on it if you'd like bud, as I've got one as well
Last edited by SayAnything at Jul 16, 2006,
Quote by Indie>Popular
Go to the guitarlodge.com forums and pm FastRedPonyCar. He has one and loves it (his written review is actually in the carvin catalouge). He also has butloads of sound clips and such

I've already talked to him, problem is, I cant get an objective opinion on the Carvin dicussion board and Its hard to find anywere else were someone has
played it.
So what if he's a fanboy?

have you listened to his clips? They're amazing
Gear
Fender Standard Tele
Epi Les Paul Custom w/ emg 81 (18v)
Line 6 Vetta
FBV Longboard
Quote by Indie>Popular
So what if he's a fanboy?

have you listened to his clips? They're amazing

Yes I have. I'm just looking for reveiws that express the downsides of the V3. Obviously most everyone on carvins board love it.
The downsides of the Carvin V3 -

(1) I have found that it is mildly hilarious that Carvin builts a high gain, all features, all tube 100 watt guitar amp head capable of competing with amps twice its price, and they didn't even include reverb on the amp itself.

(2) While the clean channel is in fact amazing, the clean channel's volume is set really lower than that compared to the first 2 channels. This really isn't a problem, but you just have to do some adjusting between the clean channels volume and drive knobs. The drive and presence affect the volume more than anything. It's always wise to set your clean tone to the volume and sound needed, then adjust the 2 other channels to that

Other than that, those are the only agitations I've had about mine.
Seriously, other than that, for the price, I just don't think you can go wrong with one, just as long as the tone is what you are looking for. As the Carvin wasn't really based around any other amp, it really has it's own sound. Some say that they sound very very frizzy distortion wise, but that's only when it's turned all the way down in my room. Mine clears up and fits in with the mix at band practice and gigs perfectly. Mine reminds me of a hot-rodded Marshall more than anything.

Glad to help!
Haha nice. You should be happy with it I'd think, tell us what you think when you get it.

Good stuff