I want another guitar as I finally started gigging a little bit. Not in a band just playing with whoever feels like bringing me along. I want something as a backup or main guitar as it looks now. I got rid of my Tempest for comfort reasons and the SG nose dives every chance it gets. So now I am looking for suggestions on what I could go try out. So basically here is a checklist of what I found I want in a guitar.

-2 humbuckers
-11/16 nut width (Or close to it. I hate crowded fret boards)
-Dual cutaway (comfort reasons)
-At least one tone and one volume
-SOMETHING THAT WON"T NOSE DIVE!
*There is more but then that is just being picky and might make me miss something good.

I do want something that can get heavy for a good chunky rythem. But has nice cleans to go with my Traynor. I also want to be able to cut out for soloing and what not. I may not do it much now but for futures purposes. I am in no way shape or form a metal player so thats not an option. If I really like the guitar but the picks are total crap I will buy it and changes pickups if need be. I don't need a trem as I am trying to refine my natural bending but I won't shoot it down because it has a trem. I really like guitars in the Fender, PRS, Schecter C body shape. But I don't want a strat. My budget is $700 max. I really don't want to put out more like I have done before but I can get a loan from my dad for about $100 if I find something like that that I love.. Thanks for any suggestions.

Edit: And I find no shame in buying used lol. Does anyone know any online stores or shops in the New York area that might have a decent stock of used guitars besides a Guitar Center?
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
Last edited by Montague at Jul 16, 2006,
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
Last edited by altarofdemise at Jul 16, 2006,
$700 with mabey $800 if I push it.
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
Dang, I dont think you'll get those Fenders I suggested. Sorry, um... let me do some more research.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
Thanks alot. I am sifting through them now. I am not much of a Fender fan but hey you never know.
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
No problem. I suggest going to your local store though to try them out though. Mine has half the store dedicated to Fender products, its insane.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I do plan on trying them out before I buy em but I at least want to know what I am going for once I get there and not go through a whole rack. Ok this is what jumped out at me so far.

Schecter C-1 Classic:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Classic-Electric-Guitar?sku=513072

PRS SE Custom:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Guitars-SE-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=519370

Schecter C-1 Plus:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Plus-Electric-Guitar?sku=513010

I made a thread about the PRS before but when I went to GC they were out of stock so I forgot all about it. What do you think about the guitars I picked so far? None of the Fender jumped out at me sadly. Also is there anything that anyone else wants to suggest?
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
Carvin.com Get a custom DC
Gear
Fender Standard Tele
Epi Les Paul Custom w/ emg 81 (18v)
Line 6 Vetta
FBV Longboard
Brooklyn. I can get to Manhattan, Queens all those good places lol. I can get a Carvin custom for $700?
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
no i think the carvins are more like a grand but i may be wrong, bummer you live in brookly theres a palce near rochester called the house of guitars, great selection, and not too bad price wise, very helpful, but they kinda store thatere guitars a little bad, gibson freaks would prolly havv a heartattack after seeing the way there stored, but thats a good excuse to bargin with
lol. I dunno if I have trip up there to visit my grandfather I'll look for it but I doubt that will be anytime soon.
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
a schecter would be nice for your needs

edit:::
if you dont like your SG then why not sell it? That could get you another 700$ probibally.
Either of the Schecters? Or a specific model?
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
Epiphone Sheraton II I dunno if it meets your needs, but it's such a cool guitar.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
lol. I was going to get one awhile back. I tried one. It tends to nose dive like my SG. It's a good guitar and feels nice but I don't think I am ready to take care of a semi hollow body yet. Plus the pickups are a bit weak for me.
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
all the schecters are pretty good guitars, personally i like the c-1 plus but check out the brand itself and try some out
What's the main difference between the Plus and the Classic anyway? Quilted to flamed, pickups and switching? Is there any deciding factore between them? Do they still make a version of the Classic that has three control knobs? I saw some pictures of em online but I never actually seen them selling.

Edit: I decided to drop the PRs because of that dam heel...
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
Last edited by Montague at Jul 16, 2006,
Quote by altarofdemise

dude, its telecaster and stratocaster
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
lol. Common mistake no worries.
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
lol
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Quote by giorgio1210
dude, its telecaster and stratocaster

Sorry your highness.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
lol sorry man but that annoys me my friend does that to.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Well now that that little episode is over lol. I am trying to find out if the overall quality of the Classic is better then the Plus. I mean like a drastic difference. Also does anyone know if Schecter still makes the Classics with the three control knobs?
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
The model in my price range has P-90's and I want full blown humbuckers. Sorry.

Edit: Ok so I decided it will probably be the C-1 Plus. Well at least for what I have read and seen so far. So with the extra money I decided to switch out the electronics and completely rewire it. Basically I want to know if I will need to get long shaft or short shaft potentiometers for the guitar? I will put in a new audio tapered DPDT pot, Dual Slope tone control, Dirty Rice passive overdrive, and new pickup selctor switch.
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

Last edited by pullmeunder at Jul 16, 2006,
Quote by rocknrollgod
Gibson double cut les paul

^ faded only, careful of that, i love double cuts tho
Any of the Ibanez SZ series. They sound like just what you're looking for, and they're great
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Schecter C-1 Classic(not sure if it fits your specifications, just check it out) it's my favorite guitar, and if I had 700 dollars I would buy it in a heartbeat.
timi, nice covers of mcr, but on i'm not okay, the solo sounds weird
not the right effects?
plus, it sounds off timing
Well the runners now are the two Schecters and an Ibanez SZ720FMTG. I missed the Ibanez when I first went through the pages that were posted for me. I like it though. Looks nice and all. Specs are almost the same as the Schecter C-1 Plus.

Also nice cover Timi. Keep it up.
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80