I was on the Alembic site, and I noticed the Omega shape:

How is this done? Is it just a normal neck through, then they cut this section out after?
Looks to me it starts out like any standard butt of a guitar, but the cut the circle in it, and then round it over using some sort of sized round over bit on both faces. Possibly a 7/8" ? That'd be my best guess.
yeah, I don't like it either..... but as tuberculosis said, they probably cut out the circle and then sand everything out....
Quote by tuberculosis
Looks to me it starts out like any standard butt of a guitar, but the cut the circle in it, and then round it over using some sort of sized round over bit on both faces. Possibly a 7/8" ? That'd be my best guess.

umm...it does seem that way at first but just before the circle the body curves out some...so you are right i think...but they made the body slitghtly different to get that exact shape

and i think it looks cool...just it should be a solid color instead of the wood showing
Member 3 of the FINAL FANTASY VII club.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music