Hey, Im sort of new at playing and Im looking to learn some sweet sounding metal riffs/solos/songs but I can't decide on what I want to play. Any suggestions on songs that are good and good to learn would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Symphony of Destruction by megadeth is perfect for a beginner. I had a lot of fun playing it when I first started because it sounded cool and was easy.
Try Enter Sandman - Metallica... i like it and its easy... (not the solo tho :P)
Paranoid - Black Sabbath is cool aswell and the solo is quite easy so try to learn whole that song. Have fun.
try some metallica..

metallica - enter sandman
metallica - for whom the bells tolls
metallica - where ever i may roam

thoose aren't too hard..
Try For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica. That's another good beginner riff.
Gear:
'03 American Fender Strat
Delta (Strat Copy) electric
Washburn D10SCE acoustic/electric
Fender Twin amp
Peavey Rage 158 practice amp
Voodoo Lab Superfuzz
Vox V847 Wah
MXR Distortion+
Line 6 Uber Metal
MXR Phase 90
Voodoo Lab Tremolo
walk, by pantera
"i disagree, I play on my own and if I had to play through my avt for another minute I'd probably poke a fork into the input, with the hope of both electrocuting myself and destroying the amp in one fell swoop."
-Dave_mc

Best video ever
holy hell rockandrollgod can you got sum sweet guitars there
ibanez rocks
if you can pinch, battering ram by BLS, Crazy Train by Ozzy (intro, and maybe verse), Down With the Sickness by Distrubed is hard rock but a cool riff, pretty much every riff off the Master of Puppets album by Metallica.
Dickless.
For Whom The Bell Tolls-Metallica (first song I ever learned, its really easy)
Paranoid-Black Sabbath (helps get your downpicking good)
****ing Hostile-Pantera (probably not the solo, but the riffage in that song can really help your alternate picking and decently fast power chord changing)
Stillborn-Black Label Society (kinda boring after a while, but helps your pinching technique, and get that really good chugging downpick sound)

Oh, and pretty much anything off of Metallica's black album, and Kill Em' All (riffs at least)