Hey all,

Thought I'd go for this one as it's such a great tune! Couldn't get the harmonies right in this one so I left them out, but guitar and solo and lead vocals are all done. As always, let me know what you think of the vocals and I'll post up a full band cover when we get round to recording some stuff.

http://ahallicks.dmusic.com
Originally Posted by Bubonic Chronic
Far as you know, with your prepubescent peach fuzz, a Vagina is that large Asian country with nukes and a space program.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i think the singing is very soulfull and good guitar in the background. solo seems basic but its good try to add a little more you into the solo. good work overall. :-)
it was a pretty good attempt, at least your pretty close to key, and this isnt the easiest song to sing, the chorus needs some work, but thats becuz its a high range chorus, but still not bad, good job man, keep at it
Work to live, not live to work.
pretty good. playing was great, singing was suprisingly good. Its not perfect, but a good attempt and didn't ruin the song like alot of other amateur recordings.
Read my post. Not this.
Quote by BigMike14
i think the singing is very soulfull and good guitar in the background. solo seems basic but its good try to add a little more you into the solo. good work overall. :-)

have you even heard this song before.

I thought there only was an acoustic version lol

sounds great, messed up some lyrics. like before the chorus, and when you go into the chorus sounds a bit dogdy with singing, its is a brilliant attempt. i think its a shame with the "do do do's" because your voice isnt high enough, but apart from that I couldnt find any other faluts
yeah, the vox sound a bit empty without layering, and you're off pitch a few times but other than that they are surprisingly good! the guitar is pretty good too, sounds very similar to the real song, but if you have a way to mess with the EQ i would...a bit more bass and treble would bring it out nicely, dont mess with the mid too much though.....the solo sounded nice, very precise.....it was a very solid attempt and you hit very close, great job!

crit me?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395968
Quote by suicideangel_2
have you even heard this song before.

I thought there only was an acoustic version lol

sounds great, messed up some lyrics. like before the chorus, and when you go into the chorus sounds a bit dogdy with singing, its is a brilliant attempt. i think its a shame with the "do do do's" because your voice isnt high enough, but apart from that I couldnt find any other faluts

On this point I'd like to point out that I did attempt to do the higher harmony but couldn't get the right pitch in my voice, however I'm gonna keep giving that a try and I'll let you know when I've recorded a clean version. I agree that it does need some backing vocals to go with it, but I'm not really good at harmonising. If anyone has any tips please PM me or post away!

THanks for the comments above too. I'll look into the EQ and see what I can do with a bit of tammpering!
Originally Posted by Bubonic Chronic
Far as you know, with your prepubescent peach fuzz, a Vagina is that large Asian country with nukes and a space program.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
^I just listened and I think you did a real good job. THe guitar was great, just the vocals when you stretched your voice and went for the higher notes (like in the chorus) you JUST couldn't get there. I liked it a lot though, just keep practicing the vocals.....you're very close.