Hey,

I have a Gibson Les Paul Custom at the moment however im looking to get another guitar for easier upper fret access.

At my local music store i've checked out various guitars and i've found 2 guitars which i think are great:
Fender Fat Strat
Ernie Ball John Petrucci Signature

Anyway, so my budget is not a tight one but preferably £1000 or less would be good (US$1750). I play various styles but should be my all purpose/rock guitar. I MAINLY play stuff like Neil Zaza, Canon Rock, Dream Theater etc.

I'm looking for a trem bar (or a Floyd Rose) and 24 frets would be nice (though its not a big issue)

By the way, i wasn't a big fan of the ESP Eclipse I and Ibanez guitars...

Please advise!

Thanks
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
Bodenhamer modded Maxon OD808
Marshall DSL 401 Combo
Mesa/Boogie F-50 w/ Marshall TSL 2x12 cab
Fender Fat Strat would be nice.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Well, you could get a LTD M-1000, which has 24, an OFR and goes at $1'400, list price, but if you don't want to go heavy, you'd have to change the p'ups, since it has 2 EMG 81's.
Or, you could get an '06 Jackson SL3, which has a good LFR I think and mediocre p'ups (HSS conf), that you could change more easily, since it's cheaper ($1'050 on Musicians Friend).
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
choose a jackson dk-1. it's a great usa guitar loaded with ebony fingerboard, a pair of emg pickups (81 & 85) and a floyd rose original tremolo. this guitar will kickass fender and ernie junk guitars. i have seen one at zzounds about 1600 dollars
Well if you like Gibson, and want easy upper fret access, the Gibson SG's look like they have that.
idk if you would like it but sg's have great fret access
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
i'd say a soloist jackson, dinky jackson or M-1000 esp
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build