Today I had a great idea for a very cheap and very effective way of improving my spraying conditions and not getting in the way of everyone. This is a rough paint sketch of my plan.

The guitar body would hang inside it from some kind of hanging mechanism. (Any suggestions?) The crossbar is so that before you spray, you rest the body off that bar to spray the bottom then wait for it to dry and spray the rest. You can access the top and all sides freely simply by moving around. When done, you strap the wooden roof back down or velcro down the tarpaulin tarp on top. (Which do you reckon?) And where there are red lines (also on other sides) there are rolled up tarps which velcro or button down to the floor. Then you lift the whole shebang into a corner and you have a dusttight, compact chamber.

Good eh?

I'll photograph the whole process.

Suggestions?
since the blues mafia wont have me

founding member of ug blues rock and southern rock mafia pm me to join
sounds quite interesting....... i just would have hung it up in the shed.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
Maybe string some wire horizontally so that you can a guitar either by the bolt on holes or through the tuning peg holes.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
undbend a coat hanger and put it through 1 of the tuning machines, it can hang off of that
That kind of thing yeah. And the reason I'm making this is because my drying guitars constantly get in the way of my dad. Especially coats which are left for a long time. I don't know how clear the drawing made it but this will be only about twice the thickness of a guitar to minimize space. I'll stick a pic up of what it will look like with the tarps down in just one minute.

I thought for a minute, and I think that you should rig up some fans. Like the kind that they put in computers and in PS2's. That way, you can clear out fumes and any paint droplets in the cube's environment... and that way, the paint wont become grainy on the guitar and make it easier for you.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
^ i like that idea
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
yea he beat me to it cause i was thinking ether it not the best for it, or it may take longer to dry if it's sitting in it's own fumes so rig some fans to suck them out
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
Yeah, you'll need forced ventilation in that thing for sure. And while your at it you coudl rig up a dehumidifier, and a heater, to adjsut the heat and humidity to best possible conditions.
^and lights, so you can see it easily!
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Quote by poochy
I thought for a minute, and I think that you should rig up some fans. Like the kind that they put in computers and in PS2's. That way, you can clear out fumes and any paint droplets in the cube's environment... and that way, the paint wont become grainy on the guitar and make it easier for you.

If hes going to add fans he should use explosion proof fans, the same goes with lights and switches. If hes going to do that he may as well build a proper spray booth that meets local requirements from safety. Just building something to hold the bodies and necks maybe the best way to go for the time being.

I want a spray booth
Petting zoo definately.

You're just asking for poor curing properties of your finishes, and honestly your best bet would to turn this idea into a heat box, and use it to hang your guitars in to cure. Spray somewhere where the solvents can evaporate and move around, keeping everything boxed in is a bad idea, and you'll end up with sticky paint.