Hey, I wanna learn how to play traditional blues on acoustic guitar. Not Eric Clapton and stuff, more like the traditional dirty blues on acoustic.
Any tips, chords, advice?

Maybe a song I should learn to practice?

Thx.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
I read somewhere that if you wanna play acoustic blues like Robert Johnson, etc...just go buy the cheapest crappiest acoustic you can find, thats all i got for ya
Blues use a lot of 7th chords, lots of your basic open chords, and they tend to be in the key of G. Learning to play with a copper slide over your index finger or you pinky is also pretty imprtant if you want to be real convencing
Not taking any online orders.
I'd listen to Rev. Gary Davis or Son House, and then look for some tab books of them at your library, thats what i do, i find that the concentration required for me to memorize anything fingerstyle is impaired when i read tabs off the computer.
Thanks guys.

I'll check out the mentionned artists, and also work on my 7th chords and stuff.

Thanks.

Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
also,

I think most importantly you have to udnerstand that blues is a feeling... not just a style if that makes sense.... you really have to get into the mode of playing the blues if you want it to sound good. but assuming you know the 12 bar progression, turn arounds, etc check out some big bill broonzy or chet akins.... you will like them.