okay ive got a song, and ive got a solo...the only problem, is i cant come up with a part for the rhythm guitarist to play while im soloing away...any help would be appreciated...the solo starts on the note of A...if that helps any.
Gnere? Tempo? Key? General mood?

Plus, we can't write music for you.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by bushey37
Did you use a scale?

What else would he be using?

We need more info then that. If you have a recording of the solo, then we could proably better help you.
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
its kind of a modified pentatonic minor A...but ill probly just end up telling him to stop playing there and it just be me and the drummer for the solo.

And i cant record it here cuz my comp is screwy so sorry
Last edited by Faults of one at Jul 16, 2006,
dude, look, its not hard.....if ur soloin in your song....just use some of the progressions from the song....whether its the chorus or verse or whatever.....and this is fail-proof....because if it doesnt sound good over either one of those....then it prolly doesnt need to be there.
-Vox 100 VTH head
-Crate 4x12 cab

-Line 6 Spider III 75w

Epiphone Les Paul

Member # 17 of Metallica Mensa
Quote by Faults of one
no i didnt use a scale...but ill probly just end up telling him to stop playing there and it just be me and the drummer for the solo.

Actually, it's impossible to write a solo without it being in some kind of scale. You may not think you are using one, but it's proably in one that you aren't aware of.
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
Quote by LPriffer23
dude, look, its not hard.....if ur soloin in your song....just use some of the progressions from the song....whether its the chorus or verse or whatever.....and this is fail-proof....because if it doesnt sound good over either one of those....then it prolly doesnt need to be there.

well there lies the problem...it sounds good over the verse...but...the rhythm guitarist isnt capable of playing the verse...so...
^Well, you need a new rhtyhm guy then. What does he do during the verse since he can't play it?
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by Faults of one
well there lies the problem...it sounds good over the verse...but...the rhythm guitarist isnt capable of playing the verse...so...

Then you really need to reevaluate your band members.
Member #6 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
When it comes to flipping pancakes, it's better than burgers.