Okay, the admin saw fit to close my other thread, thats cool, but anyways, im still in need of some help.

I play stuff like led zeppelin, GnR, nirvana, pink floyd, kyuss, the pattern etc. etc. and im buying a new guitar. I've narrowed it down into some good choices:

Gibson Les Paul classic or maybe a studio, or maybe even a standard..

Fender American Standard Strat SSS

G&L Legacy (Maybe a comanche, i'll have to see about prices in my country)

Ibanez RG2620

Now, some might be like "ibanez for zeppelin, wtf??!", but im listing it because i played it, and loved the playability.

It might be worth mentioning i can't get my hands on the fender or the G&L, but my music store has got the ibanez and the gibson standard in stock.

So i'll be buying purely based on all of yours opinions, along with my guitar teacher's.

It might be worth mentioning that i've already got a les paul copy im very pleased with, and so the gibson is really not one of the first and foremost alternatives for me, coz i wanted something different for a second guitar. thanks.

My budget is roughly 2,000 dollars btw. No custsom, i need something with good resale value. But im open for other suggestions than the ones i listed

Thanks

Edit: Yeah, i think i've ruled out the gibson les paul. I'd just feel bad spending so much money on a les paul when i got a les paul already which im perfectly happy with.
Last edited by refgerto at Jul 16, 2006,
$2000 for your second guitar! For what you listed i think your best beat would be an "American Fat Strat" but upprade the pickups, this way youll have an amazing guitar with 2 single coils for your softer less distorted music and the humbucker will give you what you need for the hard rock, but thats my opinion
If you want to shine like the sun first you must burn like it.
lp standard........deyz da shizznitt......syke but thats what sounds like would be the best for your type of music
Im not sure about the LP... As i said, i like the les paul i have already pretty good, so i really don't NEED a new les paul.. I mean, if im spending 1,000+ on a guitar, i'd rather have something different from what i've already got, really. I think its better i buy the gibby les paul if i become famous or something..
Quote by refgerto
Im not sure about the LP... As i said, i like the les paul i have already pretty good, so i really don't NEED a new les paul.. I mean, if im spending 1,000+ on a guitar, i'd rather have something different from what i've already got, really. I think its better i buy the gibby les paul if i become famous or something..

a gibson will be a step up from any les paul copy, imo.. if you got the cash, id say go for the Standard.. its better for the music u play anyway

and btw u dont want to buy based purely on other peoples opinions.. sure its nice to get an idea, but you should try it before you buy it.. you dont want to be disappointed if ur spending 2 grand on a guitar, make sure its what u want

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
^Well, yeah, but if i aint got the opportunity... I'll be sending the guitar back if i don't like it of course, so its really not a big deal.
if i was you i'd get a strat with at least one humbucker, i mean why do you need three single coils? might was well stick in a humbucker incase you use heavier distortion
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
hey man looks like youre right in the price range of some of the greatest guitars around: ernie ball music man
they make awesome guitars, and are endorsed by some of the greatest artists alive today-you should seriously check em out - greatest necks known to man also. for the stuff you play, anything from a luke (steve lukather sig model, HSS emg) to a silhouette (comes in SSS, HSS or HSH dimarzio), or the old steve morse model (HSSH dimarzio custom wound), OR the axis ss (HH or P90-P90) would be great.
Quote by zero27
$2000 for your second guitar! For what you listed i think your best beat would be an "American Fat Strat" but upprade the pickups, this way youll have an amazing guitar with 2 single coils for your softer less distorted music and the humbucker will give you what you need for the hard rock, but thats my opinion

An american HSS strat would be good.
You could also get a gibson SG.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Jul 16, 2006,
Well your Les Paul would cover mostly anything. I think you should get either something that has amazing cleans, and that is great for lighter stuff. Or you can get something great for hard rock/metal.

In short, get an SSS strat, or an Ibanez, depending on if you want clean, or hard rock.
I second the Fat Strat suggestion, but I heard the difference between an American and a Mexican HSS is next to nill... So what is it? Materials?
Quote by Bad Analogy #1
She grew on him like she was a colony of
E. Coli, and he was
room-temperature Canadian beef.

Quote by Bad Analogy #2
It was an American tradition, like
fathers chasing kids around with
power tools.
Uh, PRS? I really don't know much about them, but if you're going to spend 2000+ on a guitar, might as well check them out.