I want a tele and i have an ibanez, so i know that i already have a good guitar but i also want a tele for alternate tunings and stuff and it wont be used very often so are any of the squiers ok and if so which ones im not that bothered on how great the quality i just want it to last a little wile and be fun. i was looking at standard and affinity series and they dont seem much different. aparently the standard is a string through does that make it better?

Cheers guys
thanks for any help
My Gear

Guitars:
Ibanez S370 DX limited edition
Rockwood les paul copy
Crafter electro acoustic
Squier Fat Telecaster Vintage Blonde

Amps:
Skytronic piece of crap
VOX AD50VT

Quote by Salted_Peanuts
My mom has gingers

i went with the affinity series, because m model was ALDER wood.
look at the wood specs, maybe put up some links of which ones ur looking at.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
if i were you i would stay away from the affinity(sorry guy above me who has one) they are just a cheap version of a already cheap version of a strat.(confusing)
Quote by jj1565
i went with the affinity series, because m model was ALDER wood.
look at the wood specs, maybe put up some links of which ones ur looking at.

u realize alder is some of the best wood...but either way a squier is like cheap plywood...but the point is u talk down upon Alder, have u heard actual real nice alder?
Quote by TUMFP
u realize alder is some of the best wood...but either way a squier is like cheap plywood...but the point is u talk down upon Alder, have u heard actual real nice alder?

Your an idiot, do you even know anything about woods/guitars? I'd like to see you try to tell the tonal difference between alder in a Squier, and alder in a Fender. Same hardware etc.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
Last edited by StratRat13 at Jul 16, 2006,
Quote by TUMFP

u read my post wrong. i bought it because it was alder. in other words i like my alder tele and my alder strats.

also the alder tele i got was NOT plywood. i know because i stripped off the paint and it was a 3 pc alder body. looked great so i stained it.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by jj1565 at Jul 16, 2006,
I would just get the standard its not like your gonna gig with it or anything and it would be a good guitar that you dont have to worry about dropping,scratching,worrying abot someone stealing it when your not at home,you could take it on vacations without having to worry about damageing your good guitar, etc...And he said he isnt really gonna be bothered by the sound quality so there really was no need to start talking about wood...
Quote by wind88
Sorry for my ignorance. I apologize.

People who dont suck:
epacers7
jj1565

I am a proud member of the Anti Anti Drug Foundation
cripes i know ur just trying to help.
but its really important when u get a starter guitar, to get one made of alder, basswood or mahogany. (ull find a couple other wood types, not common)

some guys like agathis, i guess thats fine for them. but its sort dead sounding to me. other starters come with something called "hardwood."
thats just a fancy word for plywood.

all i was saying, is if he's going to buy a squier tele. he should check out the affinity models. they cost a little less because the pickups are less expensive. but the wood type is better, so if u plan on keeping it a while u end up with a better guitar overall. and thats all that really matters.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
cripes i know ur just trying to help.
but its really important when u get a starter guitar, to get one made of alder, basswood or mahogany. (ull find a couple other wood types, not common)

some guys like agathis, i guess thats fine for them. but its sort dead sounding to me. other starters come with something called "hardwood."
thats just a fancy word for plywood.

all i was saying, is if he's going to buy a squier tele. he should check out the affinity models. they cost a little less because the pickups are less expensive. but the wood type is better, so if u plan on keeping it a while u end up with a better guitar overall. and thats all that really matters.

I didnt mean it like that either.Someone said something about the tone being better when he isnt intrested in tone noone said anything about quality in general.And now that you just said that I like you so therefore your going on my people who dont suck list...
Quote by wind88
Sorry for my ignorance. I apologize.

People who dont suck:
epacers7
jj1565

I am a proud member of the Anti Anti Drug Foundation
^LAF
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62