Has anyone here ever received a nice clean sound from a Marshall? I recently tried a JCM2000 DSL401, and the leads were to die for! Unfortunately, the clean channel was pretty brash. Will EQ-ing improve the clean channel substantially? If not, is the amp worth it for it's heavenly leads alone?

Cheers in advance,

Ben
I like to up the presence up a bit on the clean about 6, and lower the mids to about 3 and a half with the treble 7 and bass 5 all this on the neck pickup. Try it out.

oh and keep the deep and tone shift buttons off.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
dsl...... hmmmm.,...... never played it. try the eq, thats more than likely the problem. if not, try your guitar in another amp.. if its equally as bad, it could also be the guitar.

my marshall MG100 sounds excellent on clean tone, but i plugged a warlock into it at guitar center, and it still sounded horrible.
Youve been............ THUNDERSTRUCK!!!!!!!!!
It is DEFINITELY not the guitar! It's just a ****ty channel! I demoed the amp at a local guitar shop... If Marshall had a clean sound like a Fender Twin and a lead sound like a... Well a Marshall, they would be near perfect, a shame really.
^^^THats why mesa/boogies came to be.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?