When people are talking about how they have their settings they say stuff like "cut the mids and boost the lows and highs"

Now, on my bass I have 63, 150 350, 800, 2K, 5K
Wich is the lows, mids and highs? I assume 350-800 would kinda be the mids? Wich of the others are high and wich are low?
Sorry I'm a noob at stuff like this, don't flame me

EDIT: What settings would you recomend for a good hardrock/heavy metal sound?
So how am I supposed to take anything you say seriously,
when you've swapped free will for faith, hope and pre-destiny?
63 and 150 Low
350 and 800 low mid and high mid

2k and 5k highs
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
The numbers indicate what frequency your are boosting or cutting. The lower the frequency, the lower the pitch of the note, so the lowest numbers are your lows, the highest the higs and everything in between the mids
Quote by BroDD
When people are talking about how they have their settings they say stuff like "cut the mids and boost the lows and highs"

Now, on my bass I have 63, 150 350, 800, 2K, 5K
Wich is the lows, mids and highs? I assume 350-800 would kinda be the mids? Wich of the others are high and wich are low?
Sorry I'm a noob at stuff like this, don't flame me

EDIT: What settings would you recomend for a good hardrock/heavy metal sound?

Good hard rock tends to have slightly lower mids and a boosted bass, in my experience.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
don't double post. You can edit posts. And there's a tag for what you were trying to do.

[CODE]
63 2k
low high[/CODE]
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!