ok max £600 i play metal and classic rock i own an ep lp and am gunna buy a ibanez sa120 i was lookin at either the TSL60 head of the JCM800 which do u think could u also suggest the tubes i fit it with or another amp that does metal well i pref want a half stack
first of all dont get the sa120, it sucks. Downgrade from the Epi LP.

THe TSL sucks in the Classic rock department and the JCM800 isn't good for post 80's metal.
There are Engl's that could get the job done. There are some Enlg users here, you can hear from them.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
was onli gettin the sa120 as a backup cheap guitar all the reviews say the tsl is brill for Classic rock i mean like led zepp and pink floyd and proper gnr but i mostly play metal
the tsl 100 will do classic rock just fine. put a tube screamer infront of the lead channel and its pretty good for metal too
whats an example of a good one and how much am i lookin at cost wise
^I would definately look into a more modern high-gain amp then and not a JCM800, I would even look to other brands such as Engl, mesa, etc.
Quote by bobman20
whats an example of a good one and how much am i lookin at cost wise

Ibanez ans Maxon make good OD pedals anywhere from $70-170 USD
if you can push that £600 to £700, take a look at an engl screamer and laney tt50c. Worth it in my opinion, but maybe not yours...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i played a mesa single recto and it kicked my ass at low volumes.
i cant imagine when its cranked.
me and you like the same bands so believe me when i tell you.
mesa rectos kick ass.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
^ (a) no. you can get an f30 for about £800-£900 if you shop around (new).

(b) have you tried any other boutique high gain amps? Mesa are nice, but very dear for what they are over here (they're about twice what they go for in the USA, for example)- if you're willing to buy european-made amps (or heck, even a USA-made genz benz), you can get a lot more for the same, or even quite a bit less, money, in my opinion.

Unless you only want the mesa tone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I tried a TSL100 recently, wasn't hugely impressed to be honest. Sounded like it would be okay for modern rock and maybe some metal, but even still, I'd look around.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
i would like a mesa tone but as u say they are really expenisive and even £800 is probably too much how is the mode 4 for metal and classic rock i played one in a shop and sounded pretty decent to me but i would like to have a tube/valve amp reli
check out some ENGL and laney amps like dave suggested. if you can get a genz benz el diablo that would be kick ass aswell.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile