I had some extra money so I decided to upgrade my first guitar(Slammer by Hamer) and went out and bought a Mexican Stratocaster for about 400 bucks. My first guitar was actually I really grteat guitar for the price and has served me well so far. I replaced the strings on the Strat but for some reason it just doesn't feel as great as my first less expensive guitar. I think it's the strings or something but my slides and pulloffs and hammerons don't feel or come as easy as with my first guitar. I've only had it for two days does it just need to be "broken in" and gotten used to? And if so any tips on "breaking it in" faster? Thanks, Chris
All music is folk music. I ain't never heard no horse sing a song.
~ Louis Armstrong
Haha I thought so...this means it does need to be broken in before it starts to feel "right"?
~ Louis Armstrong
do you mean the way the neck plays or the pickups/sound?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
I think to get a feel for a guitar you need to play something you like on it and make it sound good, you know what I'm saying?
my music myspace!

Quote by cefasnacht
Quote by Dobzilla
I've never had peanutbutter...
wtf!?!?!?!
the way the neck plays...and the strings just feel weird even though on both guitars its elixir strings same guage.
~ Louis Armstrong
oh you just need to get a feel for both necks
i have a strat copy with a thick neck, and an ibanez RG with the thinnest neck ive ever seen and eventually i was able to play both just as good
(except the strat copy still sounds like **** no matter what)
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
I think to get a feel for a guitar you need to play something you like on it and make it sound good, you know what I'm saying?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cefasnacht

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobzilla

I've never had peanutbutter...

wtf!?!?!?!

ok, so this might be slightly off topic, or extremely off topic....but HOLY SHIIT!!!! I MADE SOMEONE'S SIG!!!!!! sweet....

edit: sorry that didn't turn out the way i was planning, but you get the idea
Thanks for the tips danzig. I'll give it all a try. And if anyone else has anyone tips just put them up. Thanks
~ Louis Armstrong
no one's ever said 'thank you' to me before. *tears of happiness*
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Is your action at the same height? Small but important.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
Yeah, it's probably got a different set up and a different style neck. Just play it till it bleeds and you'll come to adore it.