I play in an Indie trio and I need an amp loud enough for shows.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-AC30CC2-30W-2x12-Custom-Classic-Combo?sku=482620

is this loud enough? it doesnt look big but i hear it packs a punch.
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
That amp is loud enough for shows. Definately. If you need to, buy a 2x12 extention cab. The amp, itself is pretty huge for a combo. Its an amazing amp. You will be happy.
heck ya its loud enough, Brain May from Queen uses it, it will shake things up its a great amp. Brian May uses a few but they play stadium gigs and stuff. If your not playing in a stadium then one will do you good.
Quote by uterus
so he can purify his air, asshole.

My Rig:
Customized Squire Strat
Vox Valvetronix 100VT
Boss MT2 Metal Zone
Dunlop Crybaby
Ernie Ball strings
its almost as wide as a marshall 1960 cabinet. They sound very good and are more than loud enough to gig with
do you think this

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-VS30-Chrome-Stand-for-AC30?sku=421532

will fit it or does it only fit smaller AC30s?

will i ever have to mic the amp?

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
Last edited by Rancid_Misfits at Jul 16, 2006,
There is only one size AC30 with 2x12 speakers. That stand is made for the AC30 you are looking at so you will be fine
Quote by stratster23
heck ya its loud enough, Brain May from Queen uses it, it will shake things up its a great amp. Brian May uses a few but they play stadium gigs and stuff. If your not playing in a stadium then one will do you good.

Brian May used 16 of them back in the day though... but I think that was more for show.

It will definitely be loud enough, but you'll still be able to crank it a bit to get some sweet overdrive. AC30s are sweet amps, so you'll probably be very happy with the purchase.

Yes you'll likely have to mic it at some point, depending on how big your venue is. In most cases if the opportunity exists you'll want to mic ANY amp through the PA.

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
Last edited by Rancid_Misfits at Jul 16, 2006,
Well thats 450watts so he can be way louder than you, but if you go to 450watts, you will go deff in a second probably. No one ever cares about the bass. If it was a guitar amp I would be scared, but its bass. It will just shake the ground so hard that your amp falls over if he cranks it.
The AC30 is 100 watts of Sex. Buy it. Plus it's all tube.. its like.. 250 watts of solid state.. I'll be loud as hell. And cool. Very cool.

And the bass has nothing on it. so ha.
Quote by TimmyPage06
The AC30 is 100 watts of Sex. Buy it. Plus it's all tube.. its like.. 250 watts of solid state.. I'll be loud as hell. And cool. Very cool.

Surely its 30 watts of sex? That's why its the AC-30. There was an AC-100 around, but the old non-master volume ones were bone shakingly loud anyway. I used one in a studio and nearly blew my ears out on the first day. They're heavy as hell too.
Quote by Anachronism
Surely its 30 watts of sex? That's why its the AC-30. There was an AC-100 around, but the old non-master volume ones were bone shakingly loud anyway. I used one in a studio and nearly blew my ears out on the first day. They're heavy as hell too.

..shh.

Well, in my defense.. It has four tubes, which is more commonly found in 100 Watt thingiemajiggers and it has two speakers so it sounds like 60.

Either way. It sounds beautiful.
Quote by Rancid_Misfits
I play in an Indie trio and I need an amp loud enough for shows.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-AC30CC2-30W-2x12-Custom-Classic-Combo?sku=482620

is this loud enough? it doesnt look big but i hear it packs a punch.

you had a thread about this earlier and everyone suggested it. why start another one asking if it's good? i'm sure you'll get the same answer.
im goin with the AC30

for sure.

wat would be a good bass amp for my friend?

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
Have you even tried an AC30 yet....?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by TimmyPage06
..shh.

Well, in my defense.. It has four tubes, which is more commonly found in 100 Watt thingiemajiggers and it has two speakers so it sounds like 60.

Either way. It sounds beautiful.

They're EL84's, so less headroom/wattage. But yeah, its full of valves, its like a bottle factory when you take the back off.

And yes, it sounds beautiful, shame you're likely to go deaf before getting the right sound from it. Ah well.
Get an Ampeg SVT-4...its like 1300 watts
Proud Egnater Fanboy

Favorite Bands

Periphery / Between the Buried and Me /
Ten After Two / Circa Survive /
Upon a Burning Body / / Bury Tomorrow /
Animals As Leaders / God Is An Astronaut

Proud member of the Seven String Legion.
Quote by TimmyPage06

in my world, 1 tube watt = 3 ss watts......so thats, 300 wats of ss sex. except it's 30 watts tube

Another alternative to the vox ac30, is the laney vc-30 212, which i actually prefer over the vox, for various reasons. It just seems to suit me better, the vox is a great amp, but the laney is in it's own world, and is often regarded as a ripoff of the ac-30, but imo it's all about tastes.

edit: If you play indie, then other amps that might suit you would be some older fenders. Also, i highly recommend the fender twin, and absolutely brilliant amp.
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
^I've played a Laney VC30 and a Vox AC30, the Laney didn't nearly compare on cleans, but it's overdrive, just wow.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30