By birthday is in about a week, the 22nd, next saturday. Im not sure how much money i'll get, but probably abouy $200-$400 from my parents, $50 from my sister, $50 from my uncle. So im looking at at least $250- $400. I could either use that, maybe save up a little more, and either get a $500 guitar or a $200 digitech Whammy pedal. Or, depending on how much I get, I might save up to get $800 to get the RG1570, then just get the whammy pedal for Christmas. Now i've been playing guitar since last October, so by the time i'll have enough money, i'd be playing for about 10 months to a year. I'm not too sure if thats too soon to spend $5-800 on a new guitar. One of my guitar friends says "you only live once, go for it". Another friend says "eh, you dont need it", but he's been playing for 2 years and still has his first guitar, so he probably thinks I should wait as long as he is.

Thanks
if your guitar doesnt limit your playing ability, then you probly dont need a new guitar
and dont just go for a new guitar just cause its in your price range...read the "buy it once" article here on ug
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
its your choice...ive been playing for 2 years...and i just recently got a new guitar for my birthday
I'm not sure if the guitar is "limiting my playing". It has some physical damage, like a couple of small dents, and scratches on the finish. I really want to be able to do anything on the guitar, and my guitar doesnt have a double-locking trem, and it's pickups arent that great. It's a great guitar for beginners, it was about $200.
Quote by TJM2482
By birthday is in about a week, the 22nd, next saturday. Im not sure how much money i'll get, but probably abouy $200-$400 from my parents, $50 from my sister, $50 from my uncle. So im looking at at least $250- $400. I could either use that, maybe save up a little more, and either get a $500 guitar or a $200 digitech Whammy pedal. Or, depending on how much I get, I might save up to get $800 to get the RG1570, then just get the whammy pedal for Christmas. Now i've been playing guitar since last October, so by the time i'll have enough money, i'd be playing for about 10 months to a year. I'm not too sure if thats too soon to spend $5-800 on a new guitar. One of my guitar friends says "you only live once, go for it". Another friend says "eh, you dont need it", but he's been playing for 2 years and still has his first guitar, so he probably thinks I should wait as long as he is.

Thanks

Awesome, my birthday is wednesday(19th) and my bassist's birthday is the 22nd. Happy Birthday to us!

Go for the rg1570, you might want different pups depending on what type of music you are going for.

I've had 2 guitars and been playing for a year now.(counting the squier starter guitar i've had three)
I use them both, comes in handy if you use multiple tunings; ie one guitar for regular/one for drop half step..etc.
Well im hoping that if I get that RG1570, those pickups will last me till Christmas

I'm looking to play alot of Classic Rock/Metal/Modern Rock.

Maybe if I get that guitar ASAP, I could get new pups and that whammy pedal for Christmas. It sounds good, im just not sure if its "too soon" to get a new guitar.
id say get what you want the freind who says you only live once is right but also if you think about when your dead, money at anytime in your lifespan will mean nothing to you.
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.
You're getting 50 bucks from your sister at a regular birthday you lucky bastard??

Anyways, i've already spent 4,500 dollars on gear since i started playing, and i've only been playing for one more month than you, so if you want new gear, i say go for it
dude, mines on the 21st
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
Cut some grass or something and get more money...
Quote by wind88
Sorry for my ignorance. I apologize.

People who dont suck:
epacers7
jj1565

I am a proud member of the Anti Anti Drug Foundation
probably save 800 get an ibanez sz series and upgrade the pickups. hopefully that should last you till christmas.
Quote by Gabel
Get a new amp isntead.
Amp is 90% of your tone.

whats wrong with the vox its an alright amp for bedroom practice and probably could be gigged with as long as its miked