Hello. Well since money doesnt poor out of my ears im thinking of saving up for a rockbass by warwick fortress i found one on musicians friend for a decent price much cheaper than a warwick will ever be i was wondering if it was a good investment
I reviewed this exact model, it's my main bass. I gig pretty often and it's a solid piece. I would recommend it, but if you saved a couple hundred more you could get a full Warwick, and I wish I did.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Last edited by Caustic at Jul 16, 2006,
thanks for the review but i have a question this is probably newbish but what is up with the battery do u need to to play or something?
it powers the pre-amp or active pickups , if the battery runs out it wont be able to produce its "normal" sound. You just gotta change the battery every now and then
It's just a normal 9v battery that you use in pedals and such, but it runs your pre-amp (bass and treble control on the bass). Mine has lasted since I changed it (November).
You take the back of the bass (unscrew a small plastic cover) and there is a compartment there for it.

I also have reason to believe that my Fortress can bypass the active EQ because my volume knob pops out and any change in tone I've made with the EQ goes, and returns when I pop it in. Another handy bonus.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.