Look, i've been playing guitar for 1 1/2 years... and i'm good. I'm need to know what amp to buy thats good and lees thean $120. and I need to know the best kind of pedals there are and the best place to get them at!

please help!
for an amp for that much try whatever Roland or Vox are offering (can't remember the exact amps but both companies make good stuff)

If you aren't demanding Epiphone make a pretty neat 5 watt all tube amp for that much too.
whut is your opinion of good
Quote by MDoggDX316
I would pick God. I bet he is a closet shredder who just pretends to like blues.

Quote by jesusgonewrong
Guys, guys this is the bass forum, we don't need to be abusive. Leave that for the pit.

Shaved Member of the Bass MIlitia. PM Indiemetalhead to join
You could go for a Roland Cube 15, it should be within your price range and is a great sounding amp, although of course only for practising really
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by BASStRon
whut is your opinion of good

Not the point of this thread. Answer his question or don't bother replying.

Threadstarter, check out the Roland Microcube or the Vox DA-5. They are the mini travel versions of the Cube and VT series amps.
Quote by jmac72187
Not the point of this thread. Answer his question or don't bother replying.

Threadstarter, check out the Roland Microcube or the Vox DA-5. They are the mini travel versions of the Cube and VT series amps.

He could easily be asking what the threadstarter meant by "an amp that's good". :P

You won't find really NICE amps for under 120, but you can find pretty ok ones. Cube 15 or Micro cube have been mentioned, I'll second them.
Depends what you play, but I'll say Vox Valvetronix.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
More than you can afford: http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/index_gtrpedal.php

though most of the mass produced stuff from Electroharmonix, Boss and MXR/Dunlop isn't really that bad (if you don't have a really good amp its probably not worth it anyway). It really depends what kind of effect you're going for.
Last edited by seljer at Jul 17, 2006,
No you're not you suck. If you're that good keep saving
"ya see baseball got it all wrong...a man with four balls can't walk"
If your so "good", then you should be able to save up money for a decent amp.
what kind of an amp do you have now?
i dont see the point if you have a practice amp in getting another small practice amp, save up another hundered or two and come back and post another thread.

uhmm pedals..the line 6 pedals are good, but there about 100 a peice, if you want to put that much money into a multi-effect pedal check out the zoom G2's
Quote by TJM2482
If your so "good", then you should be able to save up money for a decent amp.

MAN, I COULD SPEND as much as i want on an amp, i choose not to cause it would cost me my savings!

A spider II looks pretty good right now
Quote by hippieboy444
what do you guys think of spider II's?

we don't like them much around here Sound very very sterile and artifcial sounding.

If you play metal: go for a Roland Cube of any kind (the 30 and up are reccomended but even the little ones aren't that bad)
If you don't play much metal: get a Vox Valvetronix of any kind (a bit warmer sounding that the Roland but it doesn't do those high gain amp models as good, though its great for general rock type sounds)
I usually play classic rock.

And why don't you like spider II models? I thought they were okay when I heard them.
You're 11. I wouldn't worry about blowing your savings. It's not like you're retiring in a couple years or saving up for a down payment on a house. Hell, it's not really even your money, unless you're violating some child labor laws... The best amp in the price range is probably the Roland Cube series. The smaller Vox Valvetronix amps have horrible stock speakers. I was really impressed by the AD30VT in the store, but when I brought it home after a couple weeks I noticed the amp hates low-voiced guitars and makes open G chords and E chords sound farty. Actually, for classic rock, the AD30VT has the best tones in your price range, but the speaker makes me regret buying it.

And don't get a Line 6. For the love of God...
Hi, I'm Peter
I don't know man, for what you need a Spider might be perfect. These guys don't like them because they don't produce authentic sounds, but it's not like you're gigging at all. Real guitarists generally advise against them, but I've played a 112 a few times and it's not all that bad.

Of course the Roland cubes are the first choice, followed closely by the Vox ADs. The MicroCube has many of the options a Spider has, but a much truer sound. It's too dinky to gig with, but it has enough volume to jam with some friends. Assuming that you don't have an Animal on drums.
I've got a 30W spider II, its alright. I'm using it more as a speaker really so it does the trick [using pedals for most of my sound really]. It can sound a bit artificial I suppose, but for the price its got a decent selection of effects and the high gain distrotions are quite decent.
i only like the metal channel on the spiders (and it isn't my favorite ether)..the rest of the channels (including yoru classical channels) suck imho.
^ the ones you can afford are horrid. old used ones are really good, the dsl jcm2000's are pretty good. but the mg's and avt's you're looking at are utter crap.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
dont dare say you want a mg..you'll get killed on here

they do suck..nothing by marshall new for under 500$ is that good. Go for a cube or vox
i need a bigger amp than a cube or vox. I was thinking at least 1x8".

Are fender amps anygood? I have a g-dec(I hate it; its boring) and its good and it was used!

But are fenders anygood?
You do realize that Vox Valvetronix go up to 100 and 120 watts. A lot more than you will need most likely. Cubes only go to 60.

Fender's are known for great cleans and but ****ty metal distortion.
....are you 11?

ok let me start by saying that you dont need anything more than 30 watts 15 is good

you should be worried about tone not volume. you arent gigging at 11 and you're not deaf so you can hear your own amp (its a practice amp anyway. for....practice).

I'd get a valvatronix or a cube

a Cube for metal
Quote by JET116
....are you 11?

ok let me start by saying that you dont need anything more than 30 watts 15 is good

you should be worried about tone not volume. you arent gigging at 11 and you're not deaf so you can hear your own amp (its a practice amp anyway. for....practice).

WRONG! I have bad hearing! 15 watts is alot!
Quote by hippieboy444
WRONG! I have bad hearing! 15 watts is alot!

Go buy a huge, crap amp and dance with joy then

Seriously, we're trying to help you. Any big amp at that price will suck. Which is why we're recommending smaller ones that actually sound GOOD.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
15 watts is way more than enough for the bedroom or for jamming without a drummer

a bigger amp will just sound worse in the pricerange and take up more space.

Really, get a small amp, then when you figure out what you're doing splurge out on something nice.
sweet. Good Idea. Oh yeah I just got two effect pedals:

bd-2 blues driver
ce-5 chorus ensamble

rock on!
I'm probably going to get a vox valvotronix thats blemished.
good pick. i considered getting one myself, until i unexpectedly found that i had double the budget i thought...good choice though.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
60 watts is more than enough to do most gigs with. And the Roland cube 60 is actually alot louder per watt than most other solid states (I played one).