does anybody knows or can tell me if jackson js30ke ia a good 2nd guitar? i play stuff from old school metal to vai music and i want a good guitar for soloing/shreding for the lower price possible. i abuse of the wammy bar so any other models that might be interesting?
its alright you may need to upgrade the pickups as well. the trem should last a while with a good set up and can be eventually replaced with an ofr so no worries there. otherwise yeh good guitar
phil do you recomend this or another guitar for that range of price?
The only thing yo might not like is the absense of a tone nob.

EDIT: MYYYY bad, I was thinking of the pro series KE3
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Last edited by bean-o at Jul 17, 2006,
I have a JS30 RR, which is my backup. Its pretty good, I'm gonna do some work on it (new pickups, the pickup wiring to my 3-way switch seems to be screwing up alot lately). Plays pretty nice and all.
Quote by dudusrb
phil do you recomend this or another guitar for that range of price?

whats your price range bro
Quote by azn_guitarist25
whats your price range bro

from 150 to 350 euros (similar to dolars)
Quote by azn_guitarist25
alright. do you also need a tremolo? do you have an amp? what amp?

yes, tremolo is essencial. my gear is a squier stratocaster (with rare specifications, it isn't on the catalog but it has no modifications), a fender frontman II 15 R and a digitech rp300a.
i doubt you're going to get a guitar with a good trem inside your price range. Maybe used, but still unlikely.

Save up more?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
i would probably change the amp first. my recommendation would be the roland cube series

the amp... i can't make more noise!
Quote by Dave_Mc
i doubt you're going to get a guitar with a good trem inside your price range. Maybe used, but still unlikely.

Save up more?

what'd you recomend outside that price range?
^ ibanez rg1570, s470, washburn x40pro (haven't tried but has a good spec), schecter c1fr (if you can still get them, they're discontinued I think). I think those are the cheapest guitars with decent floyds.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
a used rg570 from ebay

edit: ^psst dave schecter plan on re-releasing the c1fr but this time with a licenced bridge
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Jul 18, 2006,
^ ah fudge. If it has a licensed bridge, then avoid it.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeh thats why i dont really like em now well then again never did but this time theyve gone too far and replaced a perfectly good bridge for something thats cheaper to them.
^ exactly.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
the hardtail model or the trem model

the trem one
pretty good though trem can be changed with an ofr if it does dies within 6 months and pickup may need to be changed since i dont think theyre that great otherwise looks real good
Quote by azn_guitarist25
pretty good though trem can be changed with an ofr if it does dies within 6 months and pickup may need to be changed since i dont think theyre that great otherwise looks real good

changing the trem and pickups would be how much more expensive? 300?
for that price (guitar+ofr+pups) it wouldn't be better buy a more expensive factory guitar?
dont know mate. but yeh with all that you probably could get the ibanez rg1570 and replace the pickups and imo get a better guitar