this may sound dumb but, are squiers really that bad? ive never played anything other than my old harmony and my friends ibanez. im thiking maybe i should get a real startocaster but whats the difference? alot of people say squier sucks and is for beginners, but if i want to save money, should i just customize the squier? instead of trying to sell the squier and buying a real stratocaster.
:stickpoke

ITALY-2006 WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS!
most people started with one and ya i think theyre pretty bad.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
I've never played a squire. If they are really bad, why try to customize it? It's like putting sparkles and spraying perfume on a pile of ****. It's still a pile of ****!

Just save up a few hundred and get a real Fender
squiers arent like totally useless... i mean there not exactly the best guitar but there good for a beggining guitar... if u wanted to just keep what u have just put some new pick ups on it to make it sound better
yeah squiers suck pretty bad i'd get a real one that would last a long time rather than buy a crappy piece of wood that in a year would probably end up as a fly swatter
ya i use my squier just to practice, id never play it in front of any1 cuz they are pretty bad, the wood is cheap, the electronics die after a few months and so on and so forth...and unless ur gonna buy a whole new body and pickups for it u can customize this in anyway to make it better, just get a fender
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
if you're a beginner, they're a good idea.
that way you don't throw tons of money away if you decide not to play it
and they really aren't THAT bad
definately playable...

in comparison to the high end fender strats? they're crap
but a great place to start imo
I sold my squier, and I regret it squiers aren't that bad. customizing it would be useless because the reason allot of people think squiers suck is because of the wood they' made of so customizing it wouldn't really do anything. I remember the first time I played an actual stratocaster I was so excited then afterwards I was totally dissapointed, call me a blasfemer, or how ever you spell that, but if squiers suck so do strats cause I couldn't see any fundemental differences. one more thing it isn't just the guitar that makes the music there has to be a guitarist, think about it, a ****ty player can make an awesome guitar sound like ****, but an awesome player can make a ****ty guitar sound awesome, personaly I'd go with the squier.
i heard there mahagony "master" ( i think thats the name ) teles are rather good, can anyone back this up they go for about the same as a standard tele too, its kinda weird
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

well yea, a bad guitarist will make a guitar sound bad but, i just want to have a better quality sounding guitar. i just wanted some opinions. i guess ill go ahead and save up some more for a real fender. the squier i have has a muddy kind of sound and buzzes alot. i think its the pickups and i dont feel like changing them. so, how much you think id get my squier for? and how much should a real fender start go for? i dont want to get ripped off.
:stickpoke

ITALY-2006 WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS!
Quote by 15years
squiers arent like totally useless... i mean there not exactly the best guitar but there good for a beggining guitar... if u wanted to just keep what u have just put some new pick ups on it to make it sound better

Not exactly the best guitar? That's an understatement. They're not even good beginner guitars. Ibanez makes excellent beginner guitars, in fact, they probably make the best ones.
All they're good for is the 1st week of playing.
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
Quote by moo453
this may sound dumb but, are squiers really that bad? ive never played anything other than my old harmony and my friends ibanez. im thiking maybe i should get a real startocaster but whats the difference? alot of people say squier sucks and is for beginners, but if i want to save money, should i just customize the squier? instead of trying to sell the squier and buying a real stratocaster.

Check out some of the Squier modding threads in the GB&C forum. There are some people there who made their less-than-ideal Strats pretty decent with some upgrades.

The thing with modding projects is that it can make you understand your guitars more, in addition to the fun you'll probably have.

Squiers are made of any of the following: Agathis, plywood/laminate, Basswood, or Alder. Granted, the wood quality, electronics, finish, and hardware are below what you'd find on Fender Strats; however, if you have a decent Alder body and a neck you're happy with, the rest of the upgrades aren't that expensive.

Even if it's made of Agathis or plywood, you'll learn a ton from prep work to painting to finishing to soldering to replacing tuners and bridges. It's summer vacation, go for it!

Quote by Holy Katana
Not exactly the best guitar? That's an understatement. They're not even good beginner guitars. Ibanez makes excellent beginner guitars, in fact, they probably make the best ones.

i second that
i don't find anything really wrong with them, some... I admit, are very poorly made, while others are built and sound great. just look at the guitars I own, and I'm looking at buying a squier right now.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

i wouldnt mod a squier because in the end, its still a squier, i would take a regular fender strat over a modded squier anyday if i were you
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks