Check out my Nirvana Smells Like Teen Spirit cover and yes i know its a simple easy song but o well, also tell me what you think of the tone i did it with my gnx4. the drums and bass parts are just midi tracks made on guitar pro software and there are no vocals and there is a mistake in the 1st chorus.

www.myspace.com/shawnanderson82
youre missing a note in the intro but the tone is fair
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
When you play the mainriff you play the dumdumdum(chikachikachik) dum dum (DAH)
You missed the (DAH).
All that is is EAD played open real short.
Listen to the song and you'll no what I mean.

But, other than that it was pretty good.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
its ok your missing a little of the (chickachicka) but its good.
"VANDALISM: Beautiful As A Rock In A Cop's Face."
Kurt Cobain
not a bad cover. but like you said. its easy.
the tones suck balls. need more gain on the heavy part.
i think you used the detune effect on the clean verse...maybe chorus...but its way too heavy
pretty bad considering you've been playing for three years.
the tone does kinda suck thats why i asked to see what other people thought but its the guitar world preset there not near as good as they are advertised
HAHA YOU DONT HAVE ANY FRIENDS ON YOUR MYSPACE YOU ****ING LOSER!!!
j/k
and piss off you assholes, who cares if he missed a "CHIKA CHIKA", its a COVER, it doesnt have to be exact, unless he wants it to be, in which case NEXT TIME DONT MISS THE GODDAMNED CHICKA CHICKA... and its pretty slow tempo... nice drum tracks, lol
i wish i could do that :/

im not digging the effects either... i like this song to sound raunchy and full.
(refering to the guitar)
other than that this is pretty cute.
Quote by Salik Syed
yeah ur missing one strum ... but it sounds okay nothing special really tho i mean what do you want us to say??? did you record the bend on the heavy part separate??? because i don't think thats what they do on the real song

yes i recorded the bend seperate and i know they dont do it in the real song but when i did it that way and played the bend longer than ur supposed to i liked the sound of it
Quote by Raven
HAHA YOU DONT HAVE ANY FRIENDS ON YOUR MYSPACE YOU ****ING LOSER!!!
j/k
and piss off you assholes, who cares if he missed a "CHIKA CHIKA", its a COVER, it doesnt have to be exact, unless he wants it to be, in which case NEXT TIME DONT MISS THE GODDAMNED CHICKA CHICKA... and its pretty slow tempo... nice drum tracks, lol
i wish i could do that :/

im not digging the effects either... i like this song to sound raunchy and full.
(refering to the guitar)
other than that this is pretty cute.

if you look i started the myspace like 3 days ago
*sigh* heres how its supposed to sound anyway...
http://gezusfreak.dmusic.com/

i did the intro on clean so you can hear it better, and on my fender Jag-stang of all guitars.....
went niiiice and slow for ya in the beginning, then picked up how it sounds at normal speed
Quote by Raven
*sigh* heres how its supposed to sound anyway...
http://gezusfreak.dmusic.com/

i did the intro on clean so you can hear it better, and on my fender Jag-stang of all guitars.....
went niiiice and slow for ya in the beginning, then picked up how it sounds at normal speed

Yeah, thats perfect.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
^ yeah i knew what you were saying exactly, i used to spend my time trying to perfect and sound just like any of their songs.... believe me ive grown up since then though- lol.

but yeah he doesnt play the intro exactly like the chorus, its a little tiny change.

plus the chorus has no CHIKA CHIKA to it, sometimes ill play the CHIKA CHIKA in the chorus but i NEVER mute the strings, other than that i play it the same as i did where i posted.
Quote by brandendude
dude you totaly forgot to sing but the music was good

lmao!!!!!!
its ok I actually like it without the added chickachica thing for some bizarre reason hehe, it's a nice, light-listening take on nirvana well paced

I think you coulda done the solo a little better though (or did you just get lazy? heh) you seemed to have hit something off just before it and there was a bit of a pacing fluctuation throughout the middle. The tone, it was ok, I liked it during the power chords but not so much the treble parts. the song's way too simple to maintain that relatively clean sound you have going.