Alright, my main question is, i'm trying to become better at shredding, any advice you can give would be helpful. The next few questions are just some specifics I need answered.

1. How do you play sweeps where there is one note right after the other on the same fret, cause if you just lay your finger across the fret then the distortion gets all messy. Is there another way to do it?

2. What are some fairly simple Ascending or Descending scalar runs? (i'm just beginning to get into shred)

3. How do I go about improvising? Do I need to learn a scale, like, Major Scale, then learn it all over the neck in every key?

4. Got any advice on writing your own stuff?
1. you have to roll your finger. you do it the same way you do a normal sweep. it is a little difficult at first, but you'll get it.
2. Dunno
3. Dunno
4. just fvck around and make up riffs and licks and put them together
dude why don't you just play and figure it out for yourself? you think us really tellin you wat to do mite actually help in some way? iit's not like you can watch us play it rite in front of you.
If I didn't think it would help then I never would have asked. I already got one question answered so thanks.
1. yeah, roll your finger w/the pick
2. minor pentatonic is basic, but sounds good.
3. Yeah, learn your pentatonic scale first. From there, it's easy to learn the major scale. Then from there, you can easily learn modes. It's all memorization and practice, no shortcuts.
4. Learn scales and music theory. Know the major scale like the back of your hand. Also, learn chord construction (how to make chords that are in key). It's all about reading, memorizing, and practicing what you learned. There's really no shortcut, and it's a lot of work.
Quote by vanceboy
1. yeah, roll your finger w/the pick
2. minor pentatonic is basic, but sounds good.
3. Yeah, learn your pentatonic scale first. From there, it's easy to learn the major scale. Then from there, you can easily learn modes. It's all memorization and practice, no shortcuts.
4. Learn scales and music theory. Know the major scale like the back of your hand. Also, learn chord construction (how to make chords that are in key). It's all about reading, memorizing, and practicing what you learned. There's really no shortcut, and it's a lot of work.

So like, if I go to this website on the pentatonic scale, then I have to memorize it in C, C#, D, D#, E, F, F#, G, G#, A, A#, B ???

Another thing, do you have to stay within one scale when improvising or can you switch between different ones? Is it like chords where there are certain ones that sound good following one another and certain ones that don't?
Can anyone answer that for me?^

Also, does anyone have some tabs of some runs?