I'm getting a new guitar soon and I'm looking at Gibson Les Paul Standards and Gibson Explorer. I can afford both, but which one is good for all types of rock. Les Pauls to me seem for use on classical and explorer for modern rock. Which guitar is more fleible

What are the Les Paul and Explorer differences? I don't see many. Only that Les Paul has one more dial. Explorer is also solid mahogany, plus it looks better =)
Les Pauls are very versatile, and less cumbersome.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by SEALSniper1152
lots of differences... first tone, that's most important... you should just play both... alot. like untill the people in the store say "buy something or get out" then deside yourself

That is the problem, no store around me sells Gibsons for some gay reason =(
i was in ur situation just a few months ago man. I decided to get a nice les paul standard faded, bit cheaper than a regular standard. I found les pauls were much more comfortable sitting down and also had a better tone for what i play (metal, classic rock). I also just found les pauls looked nicer than x-plorers, they come in a lot more colours too.
Quote by Randy_Rhoads4
i was in ur situation just a few months ago man. I decided to get a nice les paul standard faded, bit cheaper than a regular standard. I found les pauls were much more comfortable sitting down and also had a better tone for what i play (metal, classic rock). I also just found les pauls looked nicer than x-plorers, they come in a lot more colours too.

To each his own, I find Explorers look better. But I agree, the Explorer may be more uncomfortable sitting down.
Yea true, everyone likes a different guitar so u may like an explorer better but i was just givin my opinion. also i find the neck on explorers a bit faster, and u prolly already know this but les pauls are a lot heavier and may not be as nice playing standing up.
What do you mean faster? Yeah I know LP's are pretty heavy. I'm not much of a standing up person anyway