Page 1 of 2
Alright so a few nights ago i was hanging out with a couple of friends in one of my friends basement. His brother walks into the "scene" and he's got beer.

Now i don't drink, do drugs, or do any of those "alter your state of mind" things. But i'm cool with my other buddies drinking cause i know they like to, and i feel smarter being the only competent one around.

So some of the brother's friends come down, and this is where i get kind of mad. They're all drinking, so, being polite, they ask if i want a beer. I say no, and they forget it.

A few miniutes later they ask, "are you sure you don't want one?" and i say that i'm fine. So, being curious, they ask why not. I respond with, i don't drink.

Three different people in the room call me a fag.

I shrug it off, they're the idiots that can't walk straight anyway.

I guess what i'm saying here is, why is "fag" and insult for not drinking. Or even life in general. If you display any sign of sense, or nonmanliness in general, you become gay for a miniute.

Like later that evening. The whole night revolved around cars. Me, not being from Alabama, and not wanting to screw my cousin, have no interest in engine parts. Sure, i'll point out a nice car, but whatever the car has "in it" and why that is interesting defeats me. So i start chuckling about how they can't stop talking about how many RPM's this car gets. They hear me, and it being me, the labeled fag, they ask angerly, "What are you laughing at?"

I say, "well you're the ones that won't shut up about your cars." And two more people call me a fag.

It's really strange that fag is an insult for anything other than sexuality, which is still not acceptable. It's what i get for growing up in the only conservative county in Maryland.

Either way, thoughts on why fag is used as a default insult?

(jesus christ i use a lot of commas)
because some people have fragile egos and can't think of anything better to say? i dunno, it makes them feel more macho or something...

I CAN TOTALLY EXPLAIN THAT... I HAD... uh... UNPROTECTED SEX WITH A PORCUPINE
Maryland? what county? Carroll?
Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Pile on many more layers and I'll be joining you there.
And we'll bask in the shadow of yesterday's triumph,
sail on the steel breeze.
mabey becaus egay people are usually "feminine" so by calling you gay, they are saying you are being feminine which is pretty immature.
Quote by rush4life
Pretty much all of Fox's buddies were a pain in the ass. Falco was such a dick.

Member #13 of the UG Pink Floyd fan club. PM TimiHendrex33 to join.
fag

Just playing. I'm the same why but get over being called a fag...I could call you a dickhead. It doesn't mean your head is a dick...not that that wouldn't be awesome I'm just sayin...
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by Bmm386
Exactly.

Aha. I live there!

Yea frickin hicktown in Carroll County.
Yeah, in science everyone just looks at cars all day on ebay that they will never get and they always ask me to come over an look at the parts and stuff in it and if I just walk away and say "whats so special about them" I get called a fag.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
yeah i'm from carroll too
Quote by boredloserkid1
i have 3 balls n no penis..its called flopeouinesinea

Quote by Burpin'Worm
I'd suck off my grandad while getting bummed by my dad and tossed off by my brother for a million.
lol yet theyre the ones who have sex with their cars. And they call you the fag. Wierd.

I fucking hate it when people call me out for not drinking or smoking, but I'm pretty good at ignoring those comments.

If I ever go to a car show I just stand there and hope no one comes up to me to talk cars. Guitars are my cars, I can only do the basics of car care. (I feel so manly after I've put oil in my car )

I fucking hate it when people call me out for not drinking or smoking, but I'm pretty good at ignoring those comments.

If I ever go to a car show I just stand there and hope no one comes up to me to talk cars. Guitars are my cars, I can only do the basics of car care.

Yea when they call you a fag, start talking about your guitars and amps. Then when they don't know what a humbucker is, call them a fag.
Quote by Gman400
fag

Just playing. I'm the same why but get over being called a fag...I could call you a dickhead. It doesn't mean your head is a dick...not that that wouldn't be awesome I'm just sayin...

now when you call someone a Dickhead, does it mean that thier head is a dick, or that thier whole body/person is the head of a dick? I've always wondered that...

Ya so as you were saying...
I dont drink either, and most of my friends actually respect me for not drinking, so they arent so bad about that.
But a big thing with them is sports, and the only "sport" im good at is Taekwondo, so when people wanna play basketball or something and im like "nah I think i"ll sit this one out" they always come back with the classic "chicken" or "wuss" or "He just sucks thats all"
So i guess I get what your saying, just not cars, but basketball...(I get called a fag sometimes too cause of this crap)
Quote by SilentDeftone
Of course it's real, just like everything else you see on TV.

Quote by HorridxHopes
By far the most mathematical post ever on UG.

I am quite the mathmatician...not..

Me playing guitar...or is it?!?!?!
It just rolls off the toungue I guess.

I know how you feel though. I don't drink, but when anybody asks me if I want a drink, I just pretend like I have things to do tomorrow and don't need a hangover. And I can't stand people that are that obsessed with cars either. They sit there and toss out words I've never even heard before as if it makes them smarter than me. But one word that I can always use that they don't understand is "math."
just face it, the words gay and fag have moved almost completly away from actualy describing somones sexual orientation. They now basicly mean stupid. I don't know why, they just do, it's like asking why bad used to mean good or why heavy used to mean really cool. It just does
Old king cole was a merry old soul, a merry old soul was he.
He called for his pipe, and he called for his bowl( ****ing stoner)
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.
Fag doesn't necessarily mean you like men anymore. It's evolved into a another word for lame or stupid.

Times-they-are-a-changin'
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
Have no idea about the slur. Rolls off the tongue I guess.

But anyway, people are insecure and need to put down others to feel better about themselves. They use herd mentality to achieve this.

Kids nowadays do the stupidest things and yet seem to think people who aren't as "cool" as them are the idiots.

Good for you for being secure about yourself.
Blah.
Last edited by de7ilznite at Jul 16, 2006,
Yeah I definitely see eye to eye with you on this one. No one's ever called me a "fag" or anything else for that matter, but I just don't care about what's inside cars

My friends get so wrapped up about dozens and dozens of cars that they'll most likely never even be able to buy in their lifetime.
Because if they're close minded enough to not respect that you don't drink then they obviously don't have the mental capacity to come up with something better.

Even if they called you a wuss or something, that might have made some sort of sense.
Maryland FTW!! (bethesda)

Anyways, the way I see it, the meaning of fag is changing, or at least being altered to include a new definition. It's not common that words have a change of meaning and I think fag is doing just that. In context it can still mean homosexual but people are also starting to use it in context of dumbass or coward. So there you go.
I wish i had enough money to live in Bethesda......

but anyway, i know a ton of people obsessed with cars. They all drive corrolas.
Because it's funny, honestly. The simple fact is, you are too uptight if you are taking this to heart. Now, if it is a situation where they are being serious assholes to you because you don't want to do something, then why are you hanging with them? That sounds like high-school drama to me. If that's the case, they need to grow up. If not, then you need to find better "friends" to hang with. Actually, I think you need to find friends that can call you fag in a joking way without you taking it seriously. Back on topic though, most people find "fag" funny just because it is just another insult in the long line of simple yet funny insults. Don't take it to heart
findingmyway, archangels666 - I can relate. I really don't understand young people's obsession with cars, especially since most of them won't even own such expensive models in their lifetime.

And streetracing....how pointless is that. Most people I know who're like that are Asians who watch The Fast And the Furious a little too much.
Blah.
Quote by Crazy_Diamond16
I wish i had enough money to live in Bethesda......

Live in the apartments and never shop at those fancy schmancy stores. Problem solved.
Quote by altronataku
Live in the apartments and never shop at those fancy schmancy stores. Problem solved.

Well Thats still too close to D.C.

Which is full of politicians. Ugh!
Quote by Crazy_Diamond16
Well Thats still too close to D.C.

But Bethesda is right next to DC...how can you want to live in Bethesda and not be close to DC at the same time? TAKE YOUR PICK!!
Jesus christ how many of you live in Maryland.

Where in carroll Crazy Diamond?

To make this not spam: I know the meanign of fag is changing, but in the context they used it as wuss, when in reality a gay man somewhere could bench more then all of them.

It's the same thing we do to criminals. See what they are and then make judgements. This is also turining tinto a steriotype thread.
Quote by Bmm386
Jesus christ how many of you live in Maryland.
Just me and him I think. We should get together and have an orgy lololz

To make this not spam: I know the meanign of fag is changing, but in the context they used it as wuss, when in reality a gay man somewhere could bench more then all of them.

Yea but it has multiple meanings... Like if you say dumb fuck you don't mean dumb sexual intercourse or dumb emphasization of word or dumb strong disapproval.
Quote by altronataku
Just me and him I think. We should get together and have an orgy lololz

Yea but it has multiple meanings... Like if you say dumb fuck you don't mean dumb sexual intercourse or dumb emphasization of word or dumb strong disapproval.

I would say Dumb Strong Disapproval.
Quote by Bmm386
I would say Dumb Strong Disapproval.

strong disapproval as in "**** you!" wouldn't make sense. the f--- dumb fu[bck means idiot or ass which would make sense...
I used to live in MD. It sucks there. I would have challenged the guys to a fight. A lot of times, when someone is talking shit to you, and you say you want to fight them (being serious though, don't laugh while saying it. Act like you're really pissed and want to throw down) they will back the fuck down.
i heart you
Quote by Bmm386
The whole night revolved around cars. Me, not being from Alabama, and not wanting to screw my cousin, have no interest in engine parts.

just say..**** you,or just have a beer,and sip slowly,its what i do,I smoke alot of weed though!
hey guy!
I love how you act like you are so above your friends, then go an make a generalzation like this...

Quote by Bmm386
Me, not being from Alabama, and not wanting to screw my cousin, have no interest in engine parts.

But anyway, back to the topic of using "fag" and "gay". I think the whole thing is just rediculous, and calling people, situations, and inanimate objects homosexual just makes the person saying said words look like a huge tool. I love it when I'm listening to some music and my little brother comes up and says something like "Man, that song is gay!" Yes, the song is definately homosexual. It just makes me chuckle inside...
Quote by Bmm386

Like later that evening. The whole night revolved around cars. Me, not being from Alabama, and not wanting to screw my cousin, have no interest in engine parts.

How does being from Alabama AUTOMATICALLY make you want to screw your cousin? That's just being a hypocrite because of what you were ranting about.

About the whole "gay" insult. They know you're not gay, but it's such an insult with power that you wont to prove them wrong. It's easy to provoke someone by calling them gay, to make them show their manliness.

EDIT: See, ^ Harry agrees with me. Glad to see ya back Harry.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by ibaRGnez321
See, ^ Harry agrees with me. Glad to see ya back Harry.

Good to be back. Hell, I didn't even think people really noticed I was gone.
Page 1 of 2