Hey I spent ALOT of time on this song. Getting the distortion to sound right and all, its not heavy its just rockish.
Even if you don't know pete yorn, can you still crit and tell me what you think.

www.aotime.com/private/fy/For%20Nancy.mp3 -> Broadband
www.aotime.com/private/fy/For%20Nancy128.mp3 -> Dialup

ignore the last "take him home"
i was gunna make it longer
but i didnt...
Last edited by ovdojoey at Jul 17, 2006,
So i like it, but not as much as your other stuff. The guitar has an interesting quality--- it's full, but hollow sounding at the same time. It's very nice. Your voice is relatively monotone, and though i realize that's the style that you're going for, i just don't know whether or not i like it.
GOOD WURKKK.
i love this song i haven't listened to pete in a long time, but i remember this song. and you didn't butcher it. good job. your voice is good too.
Quote by madannevain
So i like it, but not as much as your other stuff. The guitar has an interesting quality--- it's full, but hollow sounding at the same time. It's very nice. Your voice is relatively monotone, and though i realize that's the style that you're going for, i just don't know whether or not i like it.
GOOD WURKKK.

The voice is very monotone, it's kinda bugging me TBH. It sounds like your all your airways are filled with mucus, everything is kind of muted...

The "already is" phrase sounded really wierd...it sounded more like "already eyys"
Just sounded really strange to me...
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
You did a pretty good job. The strumming dynamics were interesting and your singing was fine. I don't see much of Pete Yorn mentioned anywhere, so this was a nice change.
Really nice job, i've never heard this song before. The guitar work seems pretty tight and the vocals are quite good,

Nice, keep up the good work.

Check out my version of Fear of the dark -
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400109

If your not into heavy metal i have an original acoustic song called falling - let me know what you think