Looking for some suggestions of things such as Sea Change by Beck and Nick Drake and the like, anybody know anyone?
Elliott Smith
Iron & Wine
Devendra Banhart
Damien Rice
Okkervil River
Jose Gonzalez

And you'll probably like Tim Buckley (Jeff's father ? doesn't nearly get as much credit as Jeff, but he's just as good). He's not constantly mellow, but his earlier work is very folky and also is somewhat reminiscant of Nick Drake's Five Leaves Left type of "baroque pop", with the difference that Tim Buckley is a MUCH better singer. His album Goodbye And Hello is one of my favorite records ever. It's truly gorgeous.
Pickering Pick

Great stuff. I reccomend his 'Trafalgar' album. You can download it here : http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/pickering_pick (just click on the album you want to download and click 'listen'). You need to sign up, but that's an awesome site anyway.

Seriously, its worth it. He's drop-dead amazing and exactly what you want.
Jack Johnson
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
try some ryan adams (if you havent already). heartbreaker is great, or have a look for the suicide handbook, its an unreleased album thats widely available on the internet. its very good.

id second okkervil river as an awesome band, but they arent all that mellow in my opinion...
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Bright Eyes
Great Lake swimmers
The Scene Aesthetic
Saosin has a few acoustic songs that are really good.
maria taylor
orenda fink
rilo kiley
ben harper
Gregory and the hawk

those are the bests
Red House Painters/Sun Kil Moon/Mark Kozelek <--definitley worth checking out. Not every song is acoustic though, but they all work together nicely.

Jose Gonzalez <-often compared to nick drake. Music is a bit darker. "Veneer" is a great album.
Jeff London
Songs: Ohia <-a bit of a bluesy feel. Jason Molina has an amazing voice accompanied by guitar or other sparse instruments.
Iron & Wine <-a bit poppier
Came across another one: Badly Drawn Boy
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
Quote by acousticG
Bright Eyes
Great Lake swimmers
The Scene Aesthetic
maria taylor
orenda fink
rilo kiley
ben harper
Gregory and the hawk

those are the bests

all terrible.

Quote by sydbarrettsaves
laura veirs
jens lekman
imaad wasif
joanna newsom
the microphones
mogwai
vashti bunyan
sigur ros

all excellent. you might also like palace, herman dune, and wilco.
devendra banhart maybe
Catcher In The Rye Is One Of The Best Books Ever Club

member #1 of the jim belushi club
Elliott Smith FTW.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by noise_is_good!
all terrible.

Great Lake Swimmers are not terrible!
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Pretty much every song on the Garden State Sountrack is just like that and all of them are awesome.
Quote by Durell, spelt like Derrell but pronounced Durell
Can I get yo beautiful ass numba?
Jose Gonzales.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
Quote by sydbarrettsaves
imaad wasif

Got that album fairly recently, have to say that I completely agree with it as a recommendation. Really, really good album. My mum's had it in her car for the past week or so though.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by acousticG

ant or cove

minus the bear is not acoustic but is a chill relaxing band
wilcos "a ghost is born" would fit well.
the song "true love waits" by radiohead will be perfect for you.
and coldplays first album parachutes is the definition of good acoustic/mellow
u missed when time and life shook hands and said good bye./

/so long.
/
Quote by caesar_salad
Looking for some suggestions of things such as Sea Change by Beck and Nick Drake and the like, anybody know anyone?

Stating the obvious...

Elliott Smith
Iron & Wine

But seriously, check out Juana Molina. She is ****ing amazing; Nick Drake-esque with Brazillian awesomeness thrown in.

EDIT: Oh, and quite possible one of the most awesome bands ever, Simon & Garfunkel.
Quote by Barrett346
But seriously, check out Juana Molina. She is ****ing amazing; Nick Drake-esque with Brazillian awesomeness thrown in.

But not the new one because it's shiiiit. 'Segundo' is where you want to be for Juana. Not one point since that came out have I felt it's a **** album.

RateYourMusic
'Son' is the newest. It's an album that all the blogs seemed to grab onto, trying to sound as though they knew her stuff and ended up rating way too high (in my opinion), whereas 'Segundo' seemed to go almost unnoticed. Always saddens me seeing artists getting more notice for something that isn't at their high point.

RateYourMusic
That's strange. I really liked the stuff I've heard from both albums (Son and Segundo, a total of about 6 tracks haha). The only album from her I have is Tres Cosas, which is awesome in my opinion. Never heard anything from her I didn't think was good.
wilcos "a ghost is born" would fit well.
the song "true love waits" by radiohead will be perfect for you.
and coldplays first album parachutes is the definition of good acoustic/mellow
u missed when time and life shook hands and said good bye./

/so long.
/
I dont know if shes considered alternative/indie or whatever but Tracy Chapman is one of the best acoustic singer/songwriters in my mind. Check out her self-titled albums and songs like "Fast Car", "For My Lover", "Mountains Of Things", "Talkin Bout A Revolution".
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
Quote by caesar_salad

If you like Nick Drake you'll love Vashti Bunyan. Buy, or download , her 'Just another Diamond day' album. It was produced by Nick Drakes's producer (Joe Boyd) and the string arrangements were composed Robert Kirby - he composed some string arrangements for Drake.

If you can find anything buy him, Duncan Browne's album 'Give Me Take You' is worth looking into aswell.
is this rocky guy of any relation to cody votolato of the blood brothers(WHO SUCK)
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
Quote by liesofautumn
is this rocky guy of any relation to cody votolato of the blood brothers(WHO SUCK)

yeah, it's his older, more beardy, brother.