I'm looking for a decent amp but I'm not willing to pay over $150 for it. My only requirements are that it's over 10W and has an overdrive channel (my current amp doesn't have this, which is why I'd like to replace it). What would you say is the best amp in this price range? Thanks for any help.
fender frontman 25r, its way over 10 watts and has a lot of featues and under 150
roland cube 15 maybe? theres not much good for under $150. epiphone makes a five watt tube amp, which would be louder than ten watts solid state... it only has one channel, but you can turn it up to get a nice overdrive, and itll run you like... 120 for the combo.
^The Fender Frontman blows hard chunks.
Go for a Roland Cube 15. They're awesome for the price. Best you can get, most probably.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Quote by xsv
fender frontman 25r, its way over 10 watts and has a lot of featues and under 150

That's what I was looking at, and I thought it looked pretty good. Right now I have the Drive CD100 (I think that's the name, not positive) and there's no overdrive, so I just turn the gain real high, but then it's pretty much just a loud mess. Then on clean it's very tinny, I guess would be the word. It's plenty loud, but I don't see spending $150 for another 5W.

Edit: That Roland Cube 15 looks very good, and also way cheaper than I expected. The only thing I'm wondering is it seems to be geared towards metal, which I don't intend on playing. Do you think this matters at all? Also, does the overdrive sound good?
Last edited by TheAdict310 at Jul 17, 2006,
Quote by El Codyo
It's 5W of tube tho.

And for the record, the cleans on the FM25 are awesome, especially for a $140 amp.

What do you mean that it's 5W of tube? I know nothing about amps, so I'm just wondering.
Tube amp uses vacuum tubes, or valves, instead of solid state poweramps.

They almost always sound better.

A tube watt is as loud as 2.5 solid state watts, so 5 tube watts is like 12.5 solid state watts.
im in the same situation as TheAdict310. Ive got an old peavey amp from when my dad started playing guitar in his teen yrs. LOL, hes 54 now... so u can prbly guess my amp sux hardcore c*ck. since im new and kno nothing about amps, wuld the Roland Cube 15 be the best possible amp to get for under 150?
Oh, ok, thanks. I think I'm going to go with the Roland Cube 15, it seems to have a lot of features for the price, plus I've read a lot of good reviews.
save up another 100 and go for a randall VMX 30 ... sounds great for a cheap amp like that
I'm not going to buy anything over $150. I've only played now for a couple months and I don't think I need anything too expensive.
a couple months ago i got a vox DA15. i bought it for $200 canadian, so probly bout $175ish USD. i THINK (think not sure) its a hybrid amp and imo for the extra $25 or $30 you would pay it would be well worth it.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
That Vox DA15 seems nice, but it looks to have a lot of features that I wouldn't have the first clue about. I'm considering going down to the local music store and checking their amps out, although I'm almost positive I'm going to be ordering the Roland Cube 15.