I have been playing guitar for about four months and i started out taking lessons and my teacher taught me some of the penatonic scale, blues penatonic scale, and all the major scale, as well as some blues licks, chords A,B,C,D,E,F,G and 6th, 5th, and 4th posistion barre chords their majors and minors as well as the progression of notes (A, A#,B,C,C#,D,D#,E,F,F#,G,G#). Unfornuately i can't afford lessons since i'm in debt and have to save up for college as well. So i wanted to get a lesson book that will teach me how to read music, other scales, the circle of fifths, and much more music theory. I was hoping someone could tell me about a good lesson book that is better than others so i could get the best for the money i spend. Thank you.
Just go to your local music store. The owner is most likely to be a music teacher/private musician/music expert etc. and if you ask them politely, they'll guide you to the best lesson book for you. You don't even have to ask, just look around at the books they've got and see what you like.