Does anyone have the Boss OverDrive/Distortion pedal?

I'm was originally looking at the DS-1 but thought that this would have a greater range of sounds to work with.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
anyone have one or used one?

compare to DS-1 and OD-1?
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
i had one for a couple months.

THe distortion is much smoother than a DS-1 and the overdrive has a tad more gain and brightness than a SD-1, never played an OD-1.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
i'm mostly looking to get a heavy overdrive or light distortion, cuz my amp can do just about everything else ^_^

think it would work in that position?
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
THe cool thing you can mix the tones, so you have a heavy overdrive with slight distortion in it, or a smooth distorted overdrive.

what are some pros/cons?
does it make your guitar sound muddy? does it not work if you have it on a OD channel or something?
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
cons are very noisey and a little too bright. It'll work on an OD channel but it'll get muddy and super noisey with tons of feedback. Keep it on the clean or very light gain on the amp.

would it be good with a noise gate?

if yes please recommend a good one
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
^^ Blahde blah blah ISP Decimator around $90 I think
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
yeah i have this pedal, and its true it is noisy. but other than that is sounds good. i have a dirty finger p/u and with that this pedal sounds good.
my 0s-2 pedal isnt noisy and i use it all the time when i play songs with overdrive. has great overdrive imo but distortion at high gains isnt that great, but i guess u cant get it all. should be good for what ur looking to do