i can either get a 65w peavey studio pro 112 transtube or a vox ad30vt. they both look good and cost the same but i don't know which one. i play iron maiden to rhcp to punk like nofx. help please

(btw got a schecter omen 6)
Quote by devilscruffs14
once i banged a 5 year old chick, i love banging older women.

HAHA
i have the studio pro, and i wouldn't trade the amp for any amp i've ever played. i absolutly love it. and i play both ends of the spectrum from slayer to elton john to mozart. sounds good for all sorts of music
i listened to the sounclips of all the crap you could do with the ad30 and it sounds good.
Meh, I wouldn't recommend either, but, if it's between those 2, I'd say go with the Vox. Peavey solid states are disgusting in my opinion.
Quote by SayAnything
Meh, I wouldn't recommend either, but, if it's between those 2, I'd say go with the Vox. Peavey solid states are disgusting in my opinion.

what would you recommend for that price?
Quote by devilscruffs14

HAHA
i had the studio pro 112 and i trade it for a marshal dsl 401 ^_^, i have to say i got that amp for 100.00......but it was damn good, i liked the sound and tone.
the vox is pretty good too..but u should heard them and then decide..
i recommend searching for something used in good condition..its usually better...
good luck! hope it helps
Definately get the Valvetronix, great amps.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
will the vox be loud enough?
Quote by devilscruffs14

HAHA
Yea, there's a few models with different wattages, there's a 15watt, a 30, 50, 100.
Don't be afraid to care"

yeah but im not made of chash so i was going for the 30w, will that be loud enough for practice in a band etc? i know the peavey would be
Quote by devilscruffs14

HAHA
^Yea it'll be fine.
But just in case... you could get a used AD50VT
Don't be afraid to care"

looks like most people said vox so will probably get that, one more question, does the vox have a tube pre-amp or something? how long after i might need to replace the valve
Quote by devilscruffs14

HAHA
^A few years, and it's a pre amp valve in the power amp, to help it "sound better" at higher volumes (or lower...)
Don't be afraid to care"

I'd take the Studio Pro over the AD30. IMO, it's a much better amp. But instead of those, I'd wait a bit and get either a 50+W version of the Vox instead. Much better sound and versatility. But for that price, I'd get a Peavey Bandit instead.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor