I have a Kh-602 and I was wondering if sanding the neck would be a good option to make it a bit faster. I'd just like it to be a bit thinner sort of like an ibanez rg or jem. If so what would I need to do? I can't afford to make mistakes since i don't wanna mess up my guitar
If you're afraid of making mistakes, then just don't do it. Plus, it isn't the guitar, or the thickness of the neck that makes speed, it's the player.
Well when I play on thinner necks it's just more comfortable, so if I could sand the neck down a bit it would be much nicer to play
Do you have a crappy guitar you can practice on(so it doesn't matter if you mess up)?
Gear:ESP B50 Bass , Ibanez Bass Practice amp, Dean Vendetta 4F , Dean TEVO, Epiphone Special SG, Dimarzio pickups, 30-watt Randall combo, 95Q Crybaby wah, Dunlop Picks, Dadarrio strings, MXR six-band eq.
I have a squier that I let my friend borrow which i could use. Would all I have to do is sand the neck? Or would I have to put a finish on it? and would it mess up the intonation?
If you have to sand it down (:P) then it would probably would be a good idea to readjust the truss rod, seeing as there is less wood there to give tension (although I don't know if that is exactly true or not), which would in turn possibly require an adjustment in intonation.
yeah, you'd probably want to put a finish on it, and adjust the truss rod, but try it on the cheapo guitar first.
Gear:ESP B50 Bass , Ibanez Bass Practice amp, Dean Vendetta 4F , Dean TEVO, Epiphone Special SG, Dimarzio pickups, 30-watt Randall combo, 95Q Crybaby wah, Dunlop Picks, Dadarrio strings, MXR six-band eq.
also, you have to know EXACTLY where the truss rod is in relation to the surface of the neck. otherwise, you'll be sanding and then BAM, the truss rod explodes out the guitars neck and into yours, thus rendering you dead...

...I think. someone asked this a while back. try a search to find it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...