I ve been playing for bout a year and if i ever muck around playing crappy solo's
or just praticing scales i always use a pentatonic scale
Am I lazy or do some people out there do wat i do?
I do it, but then again im lazy
I really should get round to learning the scales all over the fretboard...
Originally posted by: rich sg
And God said unto Jesus: "Son, is there anything you want to talk about?"
And Jesus replied: "Get off my back, Dad! Judas Priest your such a frickin' homophobe! FACE!"
And so Jesus was crucified.
Some people do what you do, like me, but still it's being lazy...
Three of us here need to start learn the scales from the begining i guess.
thats pretty much what i do but some how my solos have gotten accutally acceptable
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
Quote by edg
There is an incredible amount you can do with just a simple pentatonic scale.
You probably haven't even scratched the surface.

True, but that would require him not being lazy
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by MiNd.FreAk
Some people do what you do, like me, but still it's being lazy...
Three of us here need to start learn the scales from the begining i guess.

make tht 4...
Member 15 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the I love nickelodeon club. PM me to join.
It's better then my unusual tendency to still play sloppy. But yes, that sometimes does happen.
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
you can get a lot out of playing lazy in the manner of not knowing scales and that. take the pentatonic. try playing from different notes and make those tthe roots. also try note displacement with pentatonics. u can do alot lot with what little u have. Trust Me!
it works better if you know what fret makes what noise, and when the right time is to stick a semitone or diminished note in instead of what is melodically correct. thats what i do, just stick to the pentatonic scale then stick the occasional diminished note and it sounds excellent
I gave rock n' roll to you

Anti-thayer
I rarely go strictly minor pentatonic in a solo anymore after learning the natural minor and harmonic minor, as well as the realtive majors. I do use major pentatonic sometimes though.
You really only need to memorize 7 6-note patterns. Each 6 note pattern of a mode transcends to the next mode when played over all six strings. Essentially you could also learn it in octaves. But this really only applies to the major scale.

I guess when dealing with pentatonics, you can fuse it with the blues scales and add little filler notes in between the patterns to mix it up.