Hey there everyone......im having trouble with my amp. I have a Crate GFX-212 and has worked fine until now.....i turn it on and theres this buzz thats coming from the speakers..i have checked the fuse and its fine. u can here output from the guitar when u strum but its very faded. it has digital effects and when i lower the tone of the effects the buzz is not as loud but very much present. I know it isnt the speakers, i was thinking maybe the transformer on the electronics is out or somethin

Does anyone know whats up with my piece of crap. could it be faulty electronics. any help of info would be appreciated. Thanks
I had this problem, It's the guitar cabel... 90%.
Replace it, if it's not the cabel then it's the guitar plug for the cabel. try to get it stronger if it's loose a bit!
Last edited by MiNd.FreAk at Jul 17, 2006,
Probably no help here but when I had a bout of buzzing from the amp I found that it was the distortion I was using. Changed distortion and badda bing, no more buzzing. It was bizarre in the fact that I hadn't had any probs with the set up before and then one day the distortion decided to get ****ty.
one of the wires might have come a bit loose and is causing some static, like that can happen with cheaper combo's. it could also be something to do with grounding, i find sometimes on high gain that it buzzes when nothing is plugged in (i'm running a micro cube) and i touch the top of the amp with my hand to ground it and the buzzing stops (even though i'm in UK and eveyrhtings grounded).
Quote by joemrios
Hey there everyone......im having trouble with my amp. I have a Crate GFX-212 and has worked fine until now.....i turn it on and theres this buzz thats coming from the speakers..i have checked the fuse and its fine. u can here output from the guitar when u strum but its very faded. it has digital effects and when i lower the tone of the effects the buzz is not as loud but very much present. I know it isnt the speakers, i was thinking maybe the transformer on the electronics is out or somethin

Does anyone know whats up with my piece of crap. could it be faulty electronics. any help of info would be appreciated. Thanks

hmmm, might be a grounding problem. try a different socket, or move your amp about a bit, and see if it gets any less.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...