A friend of mine (who is also a bassist) says that having amps at full power of alot of it and then turning it off just like that is bad for the amps. (He says that I should lower the volume and THEN turn it off) Does he have some kind of fact or is he just crazy?
It can fuse the amp. Well, that was what I was told anyways
Originally Posted by jajp001
White man came (Cumming noise)
Across the sea (Wow!!!)
Brought us pain (Right in the eye, it was)
And misery ( Points to pregnant sister)
Run to the hills, iron maiden
yeah... you SHOULD turn down your volume before you turn off your amp. if any of you guys go to jamming studios, notice how they always put a sign that says turn master volume to 0 before turning off/on or making adjustments to amp.
haha...
Quote by mong12345
playtypus you save the day again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sigh, no matter how many times i say this, if your amp does blow up, make sure you take pics of it and post it up here, those blown up things just pleases me.

god i am so wasted..
Yeah definitely. When you fiddle with the lead it can make a horrible cracking noise if the volume isn't down.

And please do post up any pictures of a blown up amp.
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
if its too high the click from the power being turned off makes the speaker move really fast and make a bang noise
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
yeah, mine makes a bang, so i thought i would be sensible...........

Anyways.....

Quote by Eddie666
u shouldnt use ur amp fully cranked at all

Why not, they aint goin to make speakers that aren't powerful enough for how high the volume can go!!!!
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
Quote by pandathe3

Why not, they aint goin to make speakers that aren't powerful enough for how high the volume can go!!!!

tell that to berhinger
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by Forcemaster
tell that to berhinger

*buries face in hands and cries*
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
my peavey TNT130 has a comp thing(most will know what it is) that keeps it from blowing the speaker......but the wire is bad i think now because sometimes it doesn't work and I get a really horrible buzzsaw sound out of it if i play too loud.(since the guitarist plays through two marshall tube lead series heads i play too loud a lot to keep up) this is because the speaker can't really handle the power the amp is delivering.

Thus I have proved that companies will(for some unknown reasone) put a speaker that can not handle enough wattage into a combo amp.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by pandathe3
yeah, mine makes a bang, so i thought i would be sensible...........

Anyways.....

your just uneducated... my ampeg stack i can't trun up all the way or i know it would ruin the speakers, how do you think speakers blow?
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
^^^(EVERYTHING ABOVE)^^^^^^

Suppose. I ain't ruining my amp, thts for sure.
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
You should always turn your amp down before you turn it off, and you should really turn your amp OFF when you change cables etc.. Some amps have an anti-clip feature, but it's still not good for the speaker. Speakers are delicate little things, remember..

Treat them both right and they will serve you well!
Quote by Applehead
You should always turn your amp down before you turn it off, and you should really turn your amp OFF when you change cables etc.. Some amps have an anti-clip feature, but it's still not good for the speaker. Speakers are delicate little things, remember..

Treat them both right and they will serve you well!

i always turn my amp off before plugging anything in. and i only turn it down if its been cranked a bit (at volume 5 and gain 3 the 'pop' it makes is really quiet)
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
As Appleheadsays turn it down, decent amps have a soft start but that doesn't protect it when idiots just plug in active instruments with the levels turned up! Especialy prone to failure are the horns to where most of the power is directed from crackles etc.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn